BriMarc/Veritas BOX COMPETITION RESULTS - Winner!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Ooooo, the excitement's killing me.
boldyellow.gif
So who's going to be the lucky owner of a Brand Spanking New Veritas #4 Smoothing Plane?

Before we start, many thanks to Martin, Keith and everyone else at BriMarc for agreeing to donate the prize. Thanks guys :D Secondly, thanks to my fellow judges, Tony and Signal, for taking the time to bring their opinions to bear upon some excellent entries. Lastly, but by no means leastly, thanks to everyone who entered - I enjoyed all the posts. :D Oh, and thanks to the producer, director, the rest of the cast, without whom this picture could never have been made... Er, sorry, isn't this the Oscars? :oops:

Anyway, Third Place (yep, reverse order, spread out over the day :twisted: )

Woodshavings' Panelled Oak Storage Chest

2-picture3.jpg

A tour de force, and despite the Maxi too... :lol: Well done, John.

Cheers, Alf

Well I can tell the fever of anticipation is really getting to everyone here... Well, Tom anyway. So I'll put him out of his misery and announce the

******WINNER******

Very many congratulations to DaveL, who'll have to ween himself off his router long enough to take delivery of his prize. :D The decision was unanimous, with "imagination", "tenacity", "perserverance" and just plain "bloomin' clever" being bandied about. In fact, talk about doing it the hard way... :wink:

DSCN3070c.jpg

Dave, I'll be in touch by PM 8)

Okay, that's all folks. Thanks all over again; it's been fun. I need to go and have a lie down now... :mrgreen:

Cheers, Alf

Congratulations, Dave! A worthy winner :D

And many thanks to Alf, Tony, Signal & Brimarc :)

NeilCFD

Thanks to all who enterred and especially Brimarc. A superb competition.

I for one found it hard to choose a winner but in the end, as Alf stated, it was unanimous - despite being judged 'blind'

Some nice work enterred and I would surely like to get my hands on the plans for Chris's toolbox :wink:

Watch this space for the next great comp :lol:

Well done Dave! I did admire your persistance.

I am taking myself into exile for two weeks in France to consider my position :wink: - and to catch up on a holiday we had to postpone earlier (broken down car :cry: ) so if you don't hear from me for a while it's not sour grapes - really! :cry: :cry: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :cry: :lol:

PS to you judges - Did my bribes mean so little?? :lol:

Nice one Dave!
Glad this competition thing is over-the tension has been killing me. I'm not used to working to such tight schedules........ :lol:
Once again, congrats to Dave, thanks to Brimarc for the prize and cheers to Alf and the judges for sorting it all out.
regards
Philly :D

Well what can I say :oops:

I am still flabbergasted :shock: I did not think I could win with such a simple box that was really just a mess about with a new toy :D

I think many of the other boxes to be much better demonstrations of their makers skill, but as they say the judges decision is final :eek: I am looking forward to receiving my first new high quality hand plane 8)

Many thanks for the kind words from my fellow contestants.

Thank you Alf, the force behind the judging, the keeper in suspense and the greaser of the slope. :wink:

And of course not forgetting Birmarc, for putting up such a good prize.

Well yes I properly do suck :lol:

DaveL yep I think you do !!! :wink: :wink:
A worthy winner though ! :D :D

Welcome to the slippery slope

Bean

Congrats to Dave - excellent work. But a hearty congratulations to everyone who managed to make an entry; outstanding commitment.

Had I managed to get the tool cabinet project finished I might have had the space, time and energy to think about entering. But alas... :).

And another vote of thanks to Brimarc and the judging panel without whom etc, etc...

Congratulations Dave, you were a worthy winner and well done to all of the other entrants especially Jaymar, Chris and John.

Also thanks to Alf, Tony, Signal & Brimarc for organising and providing the wonderful prize.

Cheers
Neil

Congrats Dave. I can't say how pleased I am to share second, especially as I shared with the "Rocking chair Maestro".Thanks also to the judges (Lost for words now.)
Alan

Well done to all of you, all of the work was excellent and it was a right pipper to pick an out right winner, worse than dessert Island disks.

Like desert island disks but you have to pick your three top desserts ;)

Hope you enjoy the plane Dave

Signal

Er.....thanks for all the thanks! Thanks to Alf for championing this so well. Frankly we benefitted beyond our investment.

The work from the winners looks great. Congratulations.

We would be delighted to display the winners work on our Veritas only stand at the Axminster Tools Show (now thats a better name) if any of the winners agree. We will take supreme care of them we promise.

Contact Keith here (next week please unless you live in Dartmoor, he is in a yellow caravan) with your details on 01926 836905.

Alf are you going to send me the addresses? We need all 3 please as we use the Crackerjack method here...no-one goes away empty handed!

Martin

Martin Brown":10ij1bq2 said:
Alf are you going to send me the addresses? We need all 3 please as we use the Crackerjack method here...no-one goes away empty handed!
Crackerjack! Erm... sorry, got carried away there. :oops:

I'll email you

Cheers, Alf

Edit to add further thanks for additional generosity. Jeeze, I'll forget my own head next... :roll:

Latest posts

Back