Breeze block shed base supports

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could just put 4 belly down.

I was thinking pillars 2 blocks belly down an 2 going perpendicular etc.

A few more blocks isn't going to make much difference surely?
Yep gotcha. A block work pillar sounds a lot easier than mixing and filling form work. I like it 👍🏼

It's on sloping ground. You could use the strongest, least falley-over pillars known to man, and you still risk the whole lot sliding downhill without some sort of piling or deep footings.

Cut and fill to level the site, and retaining walls?

I should really start a new thread but just briefly, the ground is mainly rock. The word is in our address and I’ve read that a nearby cathedral was built using stone from a nearby quarry.

But you are still making me doubt myself…!

It's on sloping ground. You could use the strongest, least falley-over pillars known to man, and you still risk the whole lot sliding downhill without some sort of piling or deep footings.

Cut and fill to level the site, and retaining walls?
So long as the pillars are cut into the rock / shale etc and not leaning I don't see how it can fall down the hill.

If your worried about it slipping drill some holes through the blocks and drive rebar into the hard ground.

So long as the pillars are cut into the rock / shale etc and not leaning I don't see how it can fall down the hill.
I sort of got the idea that he was planning blockwork pillars on the normal sort of footings you'd use on level ground for a normal shed.

Apologies if that's not the case.

Back