breather mask

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
I`m in the market (finally) for a battery operated mask.

I would`nt mind a quiet one however this is not so important as I usually wear my ipod as well.

most important parameters are
1) battery life
2) price.

any suggestions?

"young lad" trying to stay healthy

steve

Steve,

I have the Trend one I am am well pleased with it. It has a battery life of 4 hours, or if you purchase a additional battery, 8 hours. The only drawback is that teh batteries take 12 hours to charge, so if you want to use it 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, you will need a second charger too. :cry:

I got mine as I am asthmatic and allergic to certain hardwoods - Iroko being the worst. As a test I put it on and then sanded the bejeezuz out of a piece of Iroko. No ashma, no itchy, runny eyes. I considered that it had passed the test!

It is fairly light, and is comfortable enough to wear for long periods - I regularly wear it for 4 hours without a break. It is also fairly quiet - there is some noise from the fan, but it gets drowned out by whatever machine you are using at the time.

I would thoroughly recomend one!

Cost IIRC was arounhd £155 plus another £15 or so for an extra battery.

Regards

Gary

try the air cap - a modified baseball cap with positive flow filtered air .Light and with the battery pack on your waist ,Which btw, holds its charge for nearly a whole day in the shop. :)

Back