Quantcast

breather mask

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
I`m in the market (finally) for a battery operated mask.

I would`nt mind a quiet one however this is not so important as I usually wear my ipod as well.

most important parameters are
1) battery life
2) price.

any suggestions?

"young lad" trying to stay healthy

steve

Taffy Turner

Established Member
Reaction score
Steve,

I have the Trend one I am am well pleased with it. It has a battery life of 4 hours, or if you purchase a additional battery, 8 hours. The only drawback is that teh batteries take 12 hours to charge, so if you want to use it 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, you will need a second charger too. :cry:

I got mine as I am asthmatic and allergic to certain hardwoods - Iroko being the worst. As a test I put it on and then sanded the bejeezuz out of a piece of Iroko. No ashma, no itchy, runny eyes. I considered that it had passed the test!

It is fairly light, and is comfortable enough to wear for long periods - I regularly wear it for 4 hours without a break. It is also fairly quiet - there is some noise from the fan, but it gets drowned out by whatever machine you are using at the time.

I would thoroughly recomend one!

Cost IIRC was arounhd £155 plus another £15 or so for an extra battery.

Regards

Gary

houtslager

Established Member
Reaction score
try the air cap - a modified baseball cap with positive flow filtered air .Light and with the battery pack on your waist ,Which btw, holds its charge for nearly a whole day in the shop. :)

Latest posts