Breastfeeding in public

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you agree with breastfeeding in public

• Yes

Votes: 23 88.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob - uncomfortable I can understand, especially when in the terms you've described. Honestly I'm with you on that sometimes.
Another one that gets me is public breastfeeding accompanied by a scowl or nasty comment aimed at anyone who happens to have functional eyes and notices that it's happening... that's more of a moron issue than a breastfeeding one though. :p

Lons":3mxizmqp said:
OK =- call me a prude if you will (hammer)

Bob
I will.
Perhaps you need to get out a bit more!

BigShot":31td2ty6 said:
Bob - uncomfortable I can understand, especially when in the terms you've described. Honestly I'm with you on that sometimes.
Another one that gets me is public breastfeeding accompanied by a scowl or nasty comment aimed at anyone who happens to have functional eyes and notices that it's happening... that's more of a moron issue than a breastfeeding one though. :p
Well if you are ogling the poor lass and her infant you are lucky to get away with just a scowl.
Just look away if you have moronic issues!

And there was me believing that Jacob supported diversity, tut! tut!

Roy.

Jacob":2b23hzoi said:
I will.
Perhaps you need to get out a bit more!

Well it ain't the tv I've seen it on jacob, so getting out more isn't the issue :lol:

Jacob":34xu2phw said:
BigShot":34xu2phw said:
Well if you are ogling the poor lass and her infant you are lucky to get away with just a scowl.

If it's discrete it's hardly noticable, If it's moronic then it's in your face when it doesn't need to be.
Where's your so called freedom of choice for the spectator in that Jacob?

I'm old fashioned in that I give up my seat on public transport and hold doors open for women (and blokes) and I've been subjected occasionally to abuse for doing so. There are always people who takes things just a bit too far.

Lons":3nil2joc said:
Where's your so called freedom of choice for the spectator in that Jacob?........
Freedom of choice for the spectator is in looking away.
What about the freedom of choice of the infant when it comes to teatime? Should he/she make allowances for the possible presence of a few slightly pervy old blokes?

Digit":mha0dmpd said:

Wouldn't that be prudish? :twisted:

Roy.
If you felt that that was an issue you could always fight it and try to pretend you were not a prude. It'd probably do you good!

No need Jacob, you see I support diversity, the right of people to be different, to respect their views even when I might disagree with them. You should try it as opposed to calling them morons. :twisted:

Roy.

Digit":2eiyesaa said:
You should try it as opposed to calling them morons. :twisted:

Roy.
It's his way of getting a rise.
We shouldn't be too tough on him as it's probably the only type of 'rise' he gets these days.

:)

Digit":kgczbsxk said:
No need Jacob, you see I support diversity, the right of people to be different, to respect their views even when I might disagree with them. You should try it as opposed to calling them morons. :twisted:

Roy.
I'm afraid I don't always respect others views. Sometimes they really are moronic (the views that is) - no point in beating about the bush.
Mind you I do realise that otherwise sane and intelligent people can hold moronic views. Nobody is perfect!

The problem there Jacob is that from here your definition of moronic appears to be any person who holds a different view to your own, that makes you intolerant in my opinion....

in·tol·er·ant/inˈtälərənt/
Adjective:

1. Not tolerant of others' views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own.

Roy.

Jacob":shlfpwc9 said:
Lons":shlfpwc9 said:
Where's your so called freedom of choice for the spectator in that Jacob?........
What about the freedom of choice of the infant when it comes to teatime? Should he/she make allowances for the possible presence of a few slightly pervy old blokes?

And that is exactly what I do if faced with that situation but i have every right to feel uncomfortable should I so wish just as you have the right not to. The infant cannot excercise freedom of choice you clot - He / she can only do what comes naturally and scream it's head off 'cause it's hungry. The choice whether to heed that or not is made by its mother (hammer)

Yours is a typical reaction of someone with blinkered views! and fixed opinions :roll:
If somebody doesn't agree with your view then you label them "a perve", have "moronic views", "should get out more" and undoubtedly their views have no substance it seems. Shame that your opinion doesn't bother me one jot then :lol:
I do suspect however that you post such comments to just stir the pot!

Only one word for what I think of your comments Jacob - and I'm too polite to suggest what it is. Others have the freedom of choice to decide for themselves :lol:

Bob

Jacob":1yzccizb said:
BigShot":1yzccizb said:

Try a bit of reading comprehension, Jacob.
Note I didn't say anything about ogling... I said something about people with functioning eyes *noticing* what was happening and getting scowls or abuse for it... which happens.

If you don't mind answering a quick question, did you deliberately take those lines out of the context of my pro-breastfeeding remarks or did you completely miss the bits where I spoke about people who hassle breastfeeding mothers needing a kick up the backside?

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick and you actually walk around with your eyes closed to avoid any risk of being seen to notice someone breastfeeding?

Another one that gets me is public breastfeeding accompanied by a scowl or nasty comment aimed at anyone who happens to have functional eyes and notices that it's happening....... that's more of a moron issue
OK have I misunderstood this? Who is scowling and who is noticing and what is the moron issue? Is the feeding mother scowling because a potentially disapproving third party is "noticing"? Who is the moron?
Explain please.

PS OK I've read it again. You say that some breastfeeding mothers scowl because they are being noticed and that this is moronic. I guess that's because they know they may be being disapproved of as per a few posts in this thread. But there are morons who would disapprove aren't there? So they are right to be edgy and defensive.

But there are morons who would disapprove aren't there?

No Jacob, there are people who would disapprove, you may well disagree but you do not set the standard as what is correct behaviour and which is not.
In some societies a woman showing more than her eyes would provoke violence, you have not the slightest right to think that you may act as arbiter to what is or is not acceptable behaviour.

Roy.

Oh god here we go again!

Knock it on the head guys! #-o #-o

Dodge":2yxhvqjl said:
Oh god here we go again!

+1

Time this thread was closed before it becomes a "punch up" :lol: :lol:

Dodge":3msmc4oj said:
Oh god here we go again!

I knew there was a reason why I didn't come on here much there days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back