Breadmaking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Benchwayze":3gz1gotw said:
Dibs-h":3gz1gotw said:
Benchwayze":3gz1gotw said:
Just an idea. Anyhow when I can get home, and prepare my own food, I am going back to low carb.

John :D

What are your thoughts on not necessarily going low carbs, but perhaps upping the % or amounts of complex carbs and/or low GI ones of the current amount of carbs?

Dibs
I'm not sure Dibs. I seem to do best on a very low carb diet. In October last year I was close to 21 stone. :shock: I was 17 stones when I went into hospital in June. Put on another stone since, on hospital food. Considerably less food than I eat at home, so I am thinking it's pointless counting calories; and the 'Law of thermodynamics' is all hooey where the body is concerned. Mainly as the body isn't a closed system. So calories in = calories out doesn't mean a thing! It's what we eat, not how much. When I started reducing carbs I got into the habit of walking through Sutton Park, three times a week, (about a 3 miles from the nearest 'bus drop) then taking the 'bus again at Sutton terminus to get back home for tea!

John :ho2

I wrote a long, evangelical, born-again fasting/low carb post, and then deleted it. You don't need random internet people proffering unsolicited advice, without knowing your circumstances. However, I would strongly recommend finding a real doctor who knows about diet and insulin resistance. You CAN fix this just by changing your eating habits. How you do it, and what you do, are less relevant than the fact that it can be done quite readily, as I understand it. There must be a dietician who is competent and up-to-date available somewhere - how easy it would be to find one, I don't know. I'm in the wrong country to be of any assistance. I don't suppose you are anywhere near Exeter, are you? I do know a doctor there who is insisting that diet comes before pills, much to the chagrin of the pharmaceutical companies.

Big Pharma.. Nail on the head there! Truth is they don't want a cure for things they can manage with drugs. I wonder how much insulin is costing the NHS?

I am in the Midlands TN. Long way from Exeketer! But I just tell the Doc I eat the right foods, to explain weight loss. I think he knows what I am doing but he doesn't pursue it.

john :)

Latest posts

Back