branded vs diy router plane vs old womans tooth

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not worth posting really since Derek's posted his flaws ironed out solution but (anyway) I think U-Bolts would get very irritating very quickly as you got a spanner out every time to adjust cutter height.
Having said that and for general 'interest', there is a saying in my work that 'you never saddle a dead horse' which is worth mentioning in relation to u-bolts.
SKzcvLO.jpg

I'd look for a different (hand adjustable) solution personally if you don't mind me saying Dokkodo. There's a reason the Stanleys etc use a thumbscrew type arrangement.
Having said that,not being negative! Look forward to the build. Pics please!That looks a promising shape body. Can't beat backyard tool making to grab my interest personally! =D> Watching closely. :D

I've just bought 2 cutters from Ebay (£24), and will be making a couple of router planes shortly. There really isn't very much to them, so I would say go for it. You'll have fun doing it, and you should have a really useful tool at the cost of just a few pounds and an afternoons work.

Back