BRAND NEW Dewalt DW733S Planer Thicknesser - 441 GBP INC VAT

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£30 plus VAT delivery on top of that too. :( Still a good price mind you. Anyone in the market for a Maxi...? :D

Cheers, Alf

I,m in the market for a P/T has anyone any experience with this machine?
or any recommendations for a good P/T
Regards
John :)

Hiya John, welcome to the forum.

Not familiar with the machine myself, but prompted by this thread I dug out the GWW review from May 2001. It got Best on Test against the Record Select, Scheppach HMS260, Elektra Beckum and Metabo. Andy liked the 2 thicknessing speeds and that you didn't have to remove the tables, but commented it could be awkward in a small space ('cos the motor sticks out). For other info on P/Ts try the Forum users' Planers & Thicknessers thread as a starter. Odds are everyone will say the Scheppach, despite the test results from GWW. :roll: :lol: But at that price for the DeWally? No contest I reckon.

Cheers, Alf

Hi John

Welcome to the Forum.

Andy King, of GWW, has his own DW P/T. I was going to buy one myself but decided to go down the separates route.

I have seen it demonstrated and the finish on it is excellent. From memory the only "problem" was removing the the dust extraction when changing modes.

At the price I believe it is a steal. The tip I was given by the demonstrator, who also owned one, was to run it at the slightly slower speed to get a really good finish.

Cheers
Neil

Hi All
Good spot Neil
If only I had the Space.............Money ..............Permission

Ho Hum

Bean

Bean":3o0i1g1f said:
Hi All
Good spot Neil
If only I had the Space.............Money ..............Permission

Ho Hum

Bean

Come on now are you a man or a mouse? :wink:

More cheese anyone? :lol:

Many thanks for the welcome and the replies. it's difficult to make decisions on machines you have not seen in use, or in the flesh so to speak. But I'll certainly try to find a stockist nr me just to have a look.
Many Thanks
John

John - I remember when I was wanting to look at this machine a while back they were hard to track down. If I remember correctly, machinemart are nationwide stockists - and if your local branch don't have one they may be able to get one for you to have a look.
Yep here you are: a snip at £700!!
Anyhow I ended up with the Scheppach 260 and couldn't be happier with it. I do have a pretty good review and tuning up article in an old copy of the Woodworker on p/t'ers and the Scheppach comes out best, but the Dewalt is given a good review too - only issue it mentions is the dust collection. If I had the choice of the two machines with the Dewalt at the current MTS price it would be hard not to go for the Dewalt!
Cheers
Gidon

gidon":2xld1m78 said:
John - but the Dewalt is given a good review too - only issue it mentions is the dust collection. If I had the choice of the two machines with the Dewalt at the current MTS price it would be hard not to go for the Dewalt!
Cheers
Gidon
Many thanks Gidon,
Regards John

Just ordered a Dewalt 733s from Mtspowertools for a total cost of £441.80 with delivery

dw733s.jpg
Cheers Neil for finding that offer on the internet :wink:

Hi Neil,

From another fellow with lots of dragons in his blood - just ordered mine too, delivery next Wed. Quite impressed with MTS. I 'phoned last Monday, they said they were out of stock but were expecting some in at the end of this week and promised to 'phone me when they arrived. Received the call this morning. :D

All thanks to your original post - save me loads for something else. :lol:
Might be tempted on Saturday. :roll:

Cheers, Trev.

Quite impressed with MTS

This is the third time i have orderd with MTS first time was for a compound mitre saw which was a print error in GW magazine £30 less than normal price and they pointed it out but still sold it to me for the lower price :lol:

Tuesday delivery they gave me :p

Hi Neil
Any idea what the difference will be with the new thicknesser which replaces this model, I don't want to be kicking myself later if I go for this grate deal.

Alan.

Back