Brain freeze

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just finished making a clothes horse that is to be suspended from the ceiling but cant think of a way using ropes and eyes how to lower and raise it while stopping it from spinning round . I was hoping to be left with one rope to tie to a cleat . Any ideas ?

Simple "Y" joint in the ropes after they comes up over the pullies on the ceiling.

Jason

I'm imagining an oblong frame thing like my granny used to have (?)

Rope bridle on each end (ie rope from each of 2 corners joining together above the frame and a single rope from there (same at other end). Your single rope from one end goes up and over one sheave of a double pulley block on the ceiling and then down to the cleat. The rope from the other end goes up and over a single sheave pulley on the ceiling and then along and over the second sheave of the double pulley and down to the cleat.
If you only want one rope at the cleat tie the two together and cut off one of the free ends.

That's a complete work of my imagination! :wink: :D

If only my memory was good enough to remember the rigging details of my granny's "pulley"! :?

jasonB":3ds4mvg0 said:
Simple "Y" joint in the ropes after they comes up over the pullies on the ceiling.

Jason

ahem, yeah, that's what I meant when I was rambling on
!

Thats what i was missing a double pulley . I didn't think you could get them anymore so i made one . Thanks .
ch_002.jpg

Back