Bracket Clock finished today

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
I know I have been a bit quiet on here lately but only because I have been working like a wally!

Anyway - started this on Monday and finished it today ready for dispatch to Scotland for a 65th Retirement presentation.

Made from the same brown burr oak that the Davenport was made from - I have kept photos of the construction etc and when I have got time I will do a WIP.

RHS.jpg

BackRHS.jpg

BackTop.jpg

Hi Roger very nice indeed. I really like the work you create, May I ask how long you have been doing carpentry for a living were you apprenticed in the 'old school' as a youngin.
thanks Mark

Hello Rog,

Quite inspiring that, I keep toying with the idea of making a nice clock, can you recommend a good book and or plans about clock making?

I will be looking forward to the WIP pictures. Very impresive piece of work.

Regards, Merlin

Very nice - is the clock mechanism antique or modern?

Merlin - are you interested in Clockmaking or building clock cases for modern movements?
RiteTime Publishing sell lots including those by John Wilding.

Rod

Harbo":1vt9d9zp said:
Very nice - is the clock mechanism antique or modern?

Merlin - are you interested in Clockmaking or building clock cases for modern movements?
RiteTime Publishing sell lots including those by John Wilding.

Rod

Hermle 8 day westminster chiming movement from Martin Dunn Ltd.

phil.p":1xwdy8vo said:
I think it's lovely, but I think it would have been even better with a wood with a "gentler" grain pattern - I think the burr is a bit "busy".
Phil.
Exactly what I thought; first class quality of work, beautiful wood [as demonstrated on the davenport] but for my taste a little too busy on a piece of that size.
Just an opinion and definitely no offence intended.

Back