Boxes with art

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motownmartin

Established Member
Reaction score
I make a few boxes in my spare time and I am always looking out for ideas, not so long ago I seen some marvelous artwork done via pyrography and thought this would look good on a box lid, so I got in touch with the artist to see if she would be interested and lucky for me she was and this is the result.

The artists name Is Elaine Thompson and you can find Elaine and her work here http://www.the-woodgallery.co.uk/

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

Cracking collaboration, I like the way the scenes have incorporated the natural grain features of the wood.

CHJ":ruc60tob said:
Cracking collaboration, I like the way the scenes have incorporated the natural grain features of the wood.
That is what her work is all about, she only has to look at a bit of timber and she sees a picture.

Those boxes look fantastic! The pyrography is great as is the boxes themselves, like the joints and chamfers. :) Wouldn't mind giving pyrography a go myself, since I quite enjoy pencil drawing, but the machines aren't cheap.

cmwatt":33ulcvfo said:
Those boxes look fantastic! The pyrography is great as is the boxes themselves, like the joints and chamfers. :) Wouldn't mind giving pyrography a go myself, since I quite enjoy pencil drawing, but the machines aren't cheap.
The joints have become one of my trademarks as well as the hinges.

IMAG0173.jpg

Hi,

A few passes over the lid with a hand plane will get rid of those burn marks :wink:

Seriously good work =D>

Pete

Really like these and I've just looked at her website and some of the seascapes are stunning.

Really attractive!

I think you have done really well there and found a way of breathing new interest into your work. I especially like the way the use of the original grain means they cannot be standardised or mass-produced.

I don't know what went wrong with that post.

I wanted to tell Pete that Elaine was holding an art exhibition in his neck of the woods on June 16/17 at the Attenborough nature reserve and the boxes el be there.

Make sure you take your hand plane

Hi, Martin

Thanks, I might just pop along, now where is my scrub plane :shock: :wink:

Pete

Latest posts

Back