Box making

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I am enthusiastic about spending some time making boxes in the future (I have 1 wife, 3 daughters, 5 grandaughters the male members will have to go without) and wondered if members would post their box pictures at one thread (preferably this one) and make life easier for poor old JJ :D

(full plans included :D of course)

My contribution of course

2005_0529cabinetweb2.jpg

Philly":10mn9wgq said:
You cut those by hand?

Of course!! They were cut by eye using only a star head screwdriver as a chisel. Took a while. :wink:

Ok, ok, ok I confess. I used the leigh isolock thingy. The key is a jig I made to hold the corner posts as you cut them. See http://www.myrddin.co.uk/wood.htm for a picture of the jig. I made one for a niece and every cousin/nephew/niece wants one now. However it would appear that my family have ceased procreating, at last, and I have only one more to make. Does anyone want me to document the tricky fiddly bits for posterity?

Gareth

7 superb and duplicated boxes (a work of art in itself) I assume you have a large family (of daughters)

Thank you for posting.

Back