Box locks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hornbeam

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a good quality box lock at a reasonable pricefor jewellery boxes. Looking for something around 40mm X 25mm. There are quite a few but most of them are quite thick (10mm) so they will not really fit into a thin box side. and cause 2 problems, the relief for the lock body leaves a fragile piece and when fitting the plate there is minimal material left on either side
Thanks
Ian

I agree the AE squire/Nichelocks cabinet locks are great. I only use them now and am always very pleased with the quality.

I’d say the NicheLocks are good rather than great.
I’ve just fitted one in an heirloom chest and whilst it’s OK for purpose, you wouldn’t fit one in a top of the range jewellery box. In terms of quality they are a long way off Smart Locks (Andrew Crawford) and Neat Locks (Ian Hawthorne) but that having said they are a lot cheaper.
If you going to buy drawer Locks from Nichelocks then go for the more expensive ones. Same size as the cheaper ones but much better finished.

I used box locks on writing slopes. Never had a problem with them. I got mine from Martins in Hockley, Brum, but they went mainstream online; that is if they are still in business.

John

Back