Box Competition - Please vote if you intend to partcipate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fee or Free??

• Free Entry with Nominal Prize for Recognition

Votes: 23 92.0%
  • Entry Fee with funds collected used to purchase larger prize

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok - the plans for the box competition are well in hand and i will be posting final details once the "t"s have been crossed and the "i"s dotted.

What I would like to know though is:-

Would you like the entry to be free - with a rosette or similar as a prize and recognition

or

Would you like to pay a entry fee - the sum collected then being used to purchase an appropriate prize.

There will be two classes by the way - One for those making their living from Woodwork, the other for those doing woodwork as a hobby

Cheers

Rog

Hi, Rog

Voted for free entry.

Can we have an overall winner as well?

Pete

I'm in as long as it's got a long lead time before the due date, it's pictures only, and it's free/nominal, seeing as I'm short of the right color currency.

Kirk

i have voted for free and would appreciate a reasonable lead time.

How's the stamp going aces&eights? Will it make an appearance in the comp?

I'm in for free. Again I would appreciate a long lead time.

I voted for free entry as I think that it should be kept as a fun competition. That said, I do not mind making a contribution towards some sort of a prize.

I think a very short lead time would rule out a lot of the opposition so give me a better chance of winning! :twisted:

Thanks for the votes so far - keep them coming but I can see a trend already.

regarding lead times we will be looking at months rather than weeks to allow all a fair crack at it!

I'll participate, especially if its free to enter.

I haven't voted as I always view the forums from my phone and tapatalk doesn't give me the voting options.

~Nil carborundum illegitemi~

I voted free. However if the paid version wins, would it be an option to give the money raised to a charity rather than a bigger prize to the winning member.

After all it is for fun and it is the taking part that counts :)

I also agree that entry should be free and open to all.
I'm in... Happy to pay a voluntary contribution towards organisation/charity/prize fund but a prize of any description is only an academic consideration for me, I'm afraid!
I agree that the value of the prize should not be a significant factor.

Liam

StevieB":2xcyqhmh said:
No chance of it being sponsored by a company? Vouchers as prizes perhaps, or a 10% discount voucher etc? Just a thought.....

NO - This competition will be conducted in house so to speak this is the purpose of the poll - further details to be posted

I'm keen. I'd rather it be free. I've no chance of winning, so I'd just be doing it to learn stuff.

Ok so 25 of you have voted and there is a pretty unanimous answer here - 92% looking for free entry with a nominal prize

So that is what we will run with - thanks for your participation

I have now locked this thread

Rog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back