Box and Bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimG

Little Woodworm
Reaction score
Couple of new items. Natural edged Oak Bowl, small (4") coloured.

BlueOak-1.png

BlueOak-2.png

Small Churn shaped box in Olive Ash.

Churnbox1.png

Churnbox2.png

That's a different presentation of the Oak, really accentuates the complex structure exposed by the turning.

Neat looking box, with sharp edge detail and lightweight structure.

Thanks Chas, I agree, the colour really did bring out a lot of detail, I was very happy with that.

KimG":2is1h8io said:
Thanks Chas, I agree, the colour really did bring out a lot of detail, I was very happy with that.

I have to agree the dark colouring certainly brought out the grain detail.

Like the shape of the oak bowl and box. I like the tall tenon on the box and may use that on some future boxes but may use a contrasting wood for that

The box looks really good. Nice proportions too.
Lovely grain. Not that we can take the credit for the grain, I guess. But it is nicely presented. :D

Thanks Derek and Rick. Alas, if you look at the bowl it has two pale marks at one end, I didn't notice this till later and it is the lacquer worn away by the edge of a polishing mop, I tried to effect a repair but new it was all but impossible, and the bowl just ended up worse, so I tidied it up as best I could and gave it away. Ah well, on to the next one. :D

Back