Bowling along again today.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
First of several (hopefully) for a friend who has been waiting some two years for the wood to dry out.
DSCN3820.JPG
DSCN3821.JPG

Yew 233mm diameter.

Attachments

• DSCN3820.JPG
    DSCN3820.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 917
  • DSCN3821.JPG
    DSCN3821.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 917
Lovely bit of wood made into a lovely bowl! Nice work Chas.

Beautiful chas, nice wood and a cracking finish!!!! Not been on for ages, really busy. Done some easy turning for my new job, will post some pics soon. Hope you are both well, rich

It is a long time no hear Rich, we are doing fine thanks, new job? thought you may have moved to the frozen steps.

Glad to be able to work some of it Paulm, you know the frustration of keep looking at it in store wondering if it is ready. Like Yew for taking detail trimming, nice fine buttery texture that holds a sharp edge, just never quite sure how much or how little is enough.

Main problem I have Kim is getting my head around the particular lump of wood and the recipients request for pieces that are not run of the mill or different in some way. It seems that 'one offs' have more kudos on the dispersal front, great let off on the need for repeatability of form though.

Back