Bowl with a Chinese theme!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasmansteve

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks
My latest piece with a symbolic theme to it, hope you like it but c & c welcome as usual. The symbols represent the Chinese zodiac. Sycamore bowl 9" diam by 5.5" high. The top is scorched and the finial on the lid is made from a marble effect polymer clay (Fimo effect) but I`m not convinced its going to be strong enough I think it wants to be 2-3 times thicker ;) .

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

Cheers
Steve

That's fantastic. It looks like it's full of orange sparks in the photos..very cool effect. The bit I like best is the detail round the rim / lid

Thanks guys, pleased you like it.
Chris they were done using a homemade stencil with airbrush paint.
Regards
Steve

Very attractive.

This avenue of work is generating fantastic results. The only concern is ... Not a real one.

Do you know what the symbols are saying?

Would the Chinese appreciate the sentiments expressed?

My wife is a paper crafter and had pointed out the craft robo. It looks to be serving you very well. When airbrushing do you have to build up the coats or is it achieved in a single session?

Really like the output and look forward to seeing more

Wood spoiler":3r89mgn7 said:
Would the Chinese appreciate the sentiments expressed?

Hi Colin

I certainly hope any Chinese or Japanese people would not be offended by any of the symbols I use and if they have its certainly not my intention to do so! The symbols I have used so far have been symbols for peace,friendship, love etc for my vase and the latest piece I`ve used Chinese zodiac signs Donkey,Monkey etc I can`t see how anyone could possibly be offended by those and I always seek to use freely available symbols so I don`t infringe any copyright !!. I use these symbols because I think they are quite attractive to put on wood.
I am thinking of next using maybe a Chinese proverb and curving it round a platter/bowl but the little Craft Robo is indeed opening up a few different avenues. I`m also looking to use fused glass in with my turnings, keeps you out of mischief eh! :)
Regards
Steve

Latest posts

Back