Bowl blank storage?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nozzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Ive recently just been sorting out my garage into a workshop and have finally started putting things in place.
im also starting to build up a decent size stock of bowl blanks and would like your guys ideas and input as to how you have stored them.
i am currently thinking of making raking for them but would like to see what you have done....is it possible to see some pictures aswell.

thanks in advance
nozzle

:)

A bit extravagant really, but I got some of the large chromed wire catering racks from costco and find them ideal, the wire lets the air circulate well, will take as much weight as you want and, main reason I got them, they are mobile on big castors so I can rearrange the storage easily whenever needed, or add more of the same. Got some in the workshop and a couple in the shed.

DSCN0523_01.jpg

DSCN0863.jpg

Cheers, Paul

not only is it an extremely tidy and well organised timber store, you have got tons of it! not fair :twisted:

a very jealous adidat

It's true, I have way too much :oops: Just accumulated over a few years of friends, family and roadside/building site scavenging !

Pretty much all of it has been sourced as large logs/trunks and then converted so I've probably started with around two times that volume as there is a lot of wastage when converting, but kept me in firewood so far :lol:

That's probably why I don't seem to get much turning done, always seem to be cutting stuff up and sorting it out :lol:

Back to the OP's topic though, I was going to build some racking in the shed and that would have been cheaper, but I don't have as much free time as I would like and wanted to keep the arrangements flexible, otherwise would have knocked up some slatted racks for the job.

Cheers, Paul

Latest posts

Back