Bought a Moisture Meter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought it was about time I bought one, especially working with recycled wood, also the glue and paint I'm using are quite particulair about the level of moisture contained within the wood

I bought this one from ebay for a little les then £10,-(delivered) and i'm impressed how big the display and the actual unit it is. Which makes it easy to use.

photo by mcluma, on Flickr

I bought one of those a couple of years ago. I've no idea on accuracy but it is consistent.
Repeated measurement of wood that has been in the workshop for years give the same answer and new wood brought in slowly changes and then readings become consistent.
A very useful tool and excellent VFM

Bob

I agree with Bob that you may not be able to rely on this (or any) moisture meter for absolute moisture level accuracy but it should be ok for relative moisture measurements over time.

Measuring moisture relies on where the probes are, the understanding that wood dries unevenly, the species and lastly the calibration chart.

It is however, amazing how cheap these have become bringing a device that was expensive in analogue form...within the reach of everyone.

Cheers

Jim

Back