Bottom !! No boot sale ( Update )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Was going to the boot sale today

Went to the cash point to draw some cash

And the machine ate my debit card ?

It said the bank has retained the card ?????????

And yes I have funds in my account

So will be going to see them Monday and they better have a VERY good reason for retaining my card :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

That happened to me a couple of years ago Allan, the bank could offer no explanation whatsoever and I had to wait about 10 days before I got a replacement

Bl**dy annoying and all they said was "there must be a glitch in the system" :evil: :evil:

Hi Rig

I will give them Bl--dy glitch

I was going food shopping and to fill up my car , so how do I do both with NO money and NO debit card :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I've heard of something similair as an anti-fraud thing - they snaffled the card because there had been attempts at cloning it and they hadn't been able to get hold of the customer. Or something along those lines. Let us know what they say.

They won't give a pineapple, you'll be lucky to speak to anyone who will accept responsibility......

Happened to me last year, card eaten for no reason - as typical 10 minutes after they had shut :evil:

Went back the next day (with ID), they were very apologetic and polite - once I confirmed my ID they ordered a new card and made sure I withdrew enough money to cover what I needed. Had to wait 4 or 5 days for delivery.

Annoying yes but they were helpful and spoke english (over reaction to that anybody?) so not the end of the world.

fwiw

I went to the bank today

And was greeted with a smile from a nice lady

I told her the machine ate my card

O yes we have it hear , I asked why it had retained my car , and was told " we don't know "

The pin was correct , and the chip is OK , it has a small crack in it she said

OK , can I draw out some money please

Yes

Put your card in the reader , enter the amount , and the pin please

I did this and was then told the chip is not working ?

You just said it was OK

Yes but it not now !!!

7 day to get me a new card

all I can say is

" For the journey "

#-o

I was in a rough part of Notts the other day, went to withdraw some cash and the machine gobbled up my card. Just got stuck on the processing screen. I waited but never came out, got on the phone to nationwide, 1 ring and it was answered by a human in Northampton. He couldn't be more helpful to cancel my card and said it was no trouble I could still go into the bank and withdraw money. As it happened whilst I was still on the phone the machine unfroze and I was able to complete the cash withdraw with the guy still on the phone to make sure it went ok. A big plus for Nationwide, and they were very helpful last year when my card details were stolen, money returned and new card light lightening.

Yer, I find notts can be rough too. These days I tend to try using a scraper. Or you could cut them out and replace with plugs...

My Bank 'stopped' my cards the other day.

I had topped up SWIMBO's mobile 'phone online. Two hours later, when I tried to top up my own 'phone, the bank refused the transaction and stopped ALL my cards.

I had to use the dreaded machine-answering system, which took about half an hour, but I did manage to speak to a real person. A few security questions and it was sorted. All the same it was a slight inconvenience as I was in tool buying mode... :tool:

Back