bostitch nailer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

has anyone got any comments on the bostitch 18g brad nailer as im thinking of buying it

cheers
rich

Hi Rich,

I've the Bostich brad nailer (1850 BN) which I got a few years ago.
Haven't used many of the others on the market but can't fault it. I had looked at the PC, Senco, Accuset etc nailers at the time but pricewise the Bostich won.
If the current US model is now on the UK market (check the US site) it'll be even better with more magnesium and the exhaust situated near the airline feed, well out of the way. Mine has the rotating exhaust on the top.
My model does not have a quick release face plate for jammed nails (not sure if the current model has, either). It's an allen key job to take off the front plate, but then I think I've only had the single jam since I've had it.
I've often read from other nailer posts that many nailers leave a mark on the timber, never had a problem with the Bostich with it's removable (and replaceable) no mar pad on the nose. Softwood, hardword, never a mark. Another handy feature is the depth gauge. The brad can be countersunk, flush or proud of the workpiece.
If I had to replace it I'd buy another. Not sure of current cost but 24 months ago it cost me £99.

Rgds

Noel

I have 4 bostitch nailers and find them to be superb. I've never had a jam or any other problems.
They are the only nailers I've ever used, so can't be comparative... :roll:

Back