Bosch tools GCM 12 GDL and GTS 10 Advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whittler1507

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, have been lurking for a while, hope someone can offer some advice. Am seriously thinking about getting the GCM12 mitre saw, and possibly the Bosch GTS 10 table saw. I'm a hobby woodworker and am looking for a decent sliding mitre saw and table saw. Does anyone have these? I have heard they are very noisy ( my shop is in attached garage so noise could be an issue)

Nearly all of the comments and reviews I've read about the axial glide mitre saw have been very positive. It is expensive but doesn't need a lot of space behind it for all the slidy bits. It's on my 'wants' list but I need to convince my domestic finance manager that it is an essential expense.

As for the table saw, it also gets good reviews, but like nearly all of the portable table saws it uses a noisy brush motor and care would be needed to ensure stability with larger timbers. I used to have a small saw (made by Delta) and it needed care in use and also decent ear protectors. I would strongly recommend a decent stable stand.

I suppose it also depends what you use your garage for - do you need to put the tools away after use or can they be left set up? Bear in mind both the tools you suggest are 'heavy but portable'.

If you do buy the mitre saw ther will be many of us interested in a dispassionate review and photos.

Misterfish

misterfish":nvfuy9ft said:
If you do buy the mitre saw ther will be many of us interested in a dispassionate review and photos.

Misterfish

+1 for that. It is on my 'one day' list.

Back