Bosch Sanding Frame source

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiffy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just bought a Bosch GBS100A 4" belt sander, and a very fine tool it is. Makes the £25 NUTOOL look like the cheap DIY job that it is, although I did get my moneys worth from it.
I read the thread in here about belt sanders, and it mentions that the use of the sanding frame is recommended. I have experienced the problem of the machine rocking and making gouges on the work.

Looking on the net I found one source for the Bosch one in the UK and it was £90. So the questions are: Have any of you seen it cheaper?
Is it worth the expense, or will you finally get used to the weight of the machine and get it right through sheer experience? Is there a cheaper/better alternative from Trend or whatever?

Thanks,
Raymond.

I found it in germany for (this is at the official bosch website

Schleifrahmen

Best.-Nr.: 2 608 005 057
Preis: € 96,50 *
+vat 16% €111,36 which about Gbp 76,- plus transpor of 4 makes it Gbp 80

You could try Healys Tools, they supply Bosch amongst other things and sometimes have good prices.

Going to Healys tools eventually led me to Ebay where they were selling the item.
Managed to win it for £53 and it arrived the next day. Needless to say I am chuffed to bits, especially since Axminster were selling it for £90.

The strange bit was that there was a photo and a part number, but the number contradicted the manual. This was a wee bit worrying. The part I got delivered also happens to be a different part than was on the picture, and is actually the part number I quoted in this post. One of those rare occasions in life where everything came together in the end.

I would not have managed without you guys help, so thanks a lot. :D

Cheers,
Raymond.

Back