Bosch Sander needs serviceing - Agents in Brum?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
My Bosch belt-sander keeps snapping belts. Something needs looking at.
I've adjusted tensions but nothing seems to work. I don't often sand, but it makes a good shaper, instead of buying a 'Bobbin)!

There used to be a superb servicing/dealers shop in Cuckoo Road, Aston. I can't recall the name of the place. Can any Brummie/West Midlander help please?
Yes, I could go over there, but it might well be out of business. Just trying to save petrol and reduce my 'carbon-clodhopper print' . :mrgreen:

TIA John :D

Hi John
Don't know what area you're in but I've always had good results from InterCity Hire, opposite Magnet on the Pershore Rd in Stirchley. They're not dealers and, to be honest, not much to look at from the ouside, but they know their stuff re. power tools. Cheap as chips as well. I tried to pay them the other day for diagnosing a problem with a DeWalt drill, but they wouldn't accept anything, bless 'em.

Other than that, there's Alan Lord on the Bordesley Green Trading Estate, Small Heath. They can (and have for me) sourced the most obscure parts for the most obsolete bits of kit in the past. They are agents/dealers and, as you might expect, their prices can reflect this.
hth

andymac":947408su said:
Hi John
Don't know what area you're in but I've always had good results from InterCity Hire, opposite Magnet on the Pershore Rd in Stirchley. They're not dealers and, to be honest, not much to look at from the ouside, but they know their stuff re. power tools. Cheap as chips as well. I tried to pay them the other day for diagnosing a problem with a DeWalt drill, but they wouldn't accept anything, bless 'em.

Other than that, there's Alan Lord on the Bordesley Green Trading Estate, Small Heath. They can (and have for me) sourced the most obscure parts for the most obsolete bits of kit in the past. They are agents/dealers and, as you might expect, their prices can reflect this.
hth

Thanks for that Andy.

I'll check the book and give InterCity Hire a bell. It's across the City to me, but worth the trip if they can help.
I just found my old place on Google Earth, but now it's a small factory making fastenings! So my firm have moved, or gone bust!

Thanks again.
John :)

Back