• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Bosch POF500A

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
I've seen a few people use them in homemade CNC machines too, I guess because of the ease of taking the base off and that standard fit. I think that might be why they've gained a bit in price secondhand too.

TheUnicorn

Established Member
Reaction score
I inherited the machine, and it had been put together without the insert so didn't lock at all, I assumed it just didn't lock by design. I've done a few bits with it but really was a pretty frustrating machine to use. Now i've got two inserts in place so it should work nicely. I think I'll make up a simple table and fence now and this will Be a really useful tool.

Heathy65

Reaction score
Just in case anyone else drops in on this thread like I did, with the same issue. I've just ordered some 6mm solid brass bar from eBay and plan to cut it down to size. I haven't lost my single/original brass part but want to add a 2nd one and have some spares. For reference the original is 6.5mm diameter and 6.7mm in length.

TheUnicorn

Established Member
Reaction score
Just in case anyone else drops in on this thread like I did, with the same issue. I've just ordered some 6mm solid brass bar from eBay and plan to cut it down to size. I haven't lost my single/original brass part but want to add a 2nd one and have some spares. For reference the original is 6.5mm diameter and 6.7mm in length.
A good suggestion from another member was to salvage brass from a plug.

HamsterJam

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank-you. I inherited a POF500 (note not 500A) and will look into this mod as locking on both sides has to be better.
Anyone know what the 500A version has over the 500 except perhaps the dust extraction port? I have been after one of these for while but they appear to be unobtainable as a spare part. I have looked a buying one with a free router but like someone said, these are fetching serious money these days.
Finally, not sure if it is original but mine has a £14.99 price sticker on it. It could of course have been from something else and just stuck on the POF500 box.

mr rusty

Established Member
Reaction score
POF500 was one of the first power tools I bought - probably about 1986 - Mine shows it was made by Scintilla in Switzerland. Still going strong, and still a great little router

Peri

Established Member
Reaction score
POF500 was one of the first power tools I bought - probably about 1986 - Mine shows it was made by Scintilla in Switzerland. Still going strong, and still a great little router
Same - I got mine in about 1990 and still use it regularly :)