Bosch POF 1400 ACE POWER NOT STAYING ON

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yardav852

Reaction score
I have a Bosch POF 1400 ACE and I want to mount it to a ready made on router table the problem is how do you make the router stay on if mounted to the table because when I press the trigger and the button and let's go of the trigger the power just come off it stops any ideas on how to make the router stay on or am I doing something wrong here? because if that's not possible no point buying a table

Your machine is not intended to be used in a table. You either need to replace the on/off trigger switch you currently have with one that will allow you to turn it on and stay on such as a NVR or you could get a router that has this facility already and just keep the one you have for in hand use

My router table has a NVR plug socket - i.e. plug the router into the NVR switch and the lead from the NVR switch into the wall socket. The router can be switched on and then the control comes from the NVR switch. As Bod, says, you could do that and cable tie the trigger so that the router is always on. That seems safe to me as long as you have the NVR switch in the system.

Here's an example switch: Link

Bod":30nny0a2 said:
Cable tie around the trigger/handle.

Bod.

I think you'll be challenged to get that idea to work given the shape of the handle etc - as suggested the machine isn't designed for a router table.

This was my first setup - same router , home made table.

I used the cable tie tip above and it worked fine. I plugged the router into an NVR switch and used that for On/Off. The trickiest part I found was setting the depth of cut. I did make a router lift of sorts, but it wasn't accurate enough. After much faffing, i bit the bullet and bought a trend CRT and T11 - works fantastically well for me.

If you can turn it on with your finger why would a cable tie not work?
This is a normal situation and even the cheapest router tables come with a remote switch to control the router.

I have the same router and have used the same method, or cable tie on the trigger and cable routed via a NVR mounted on the front of the table. The table itself cost me almost nothing to make, out of scraps of ply and bits of plastic for dust extraction. All I bought was some T track for the hold downs. I too thought about some kind of lift but I use the table so infrequently that I just nudge it up or down to the correct height. This works ok due to me removing the plunge springs.

Latest posts

Back