Bosch PBD 40 drill on offer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The newer rebadged versions are of a lesser spec than the Bosch from what I've seen. Pennies have been pinched to get to a lower price point from the sounds of things - I can't remember where I read that or I would attempt to back up my hollow words :geek:

I have the Bosch in the teaching workshop as the 90mm travel is ideal for pens. Never had a problem with it.
If you look closely at the packaging you will find some of the Aldi range of tools are Scheppach.

The Scheppach doesn't appear to be variable speed. Only a choice of two speeds.

Still looks good value thou 👌

The Scheppach doesn't appear to be variable speed. Only a choice of two speeds.

Still looks good value thou 👌

• Powerful 710W motor
  • Easy-to-read LCD screen
  • Aluminium base plate with parallel guide
  • 2-speed gear box
  • Keyless quick-lock chuck
  • Stepless speed adjustment
  • Integrated laser for easy, precise drilling
  • Speed range of 170-880/490-2600 min-1
  • Provides easy reading of the exact drilling depth
  • Integrated LED to light up your work area
  • Quick-action clamp for fast fixing
  • Motor 220-240 V~/50-60 Hz
  • Chuck to base measurement: 280mm (max.)
  • Drill stroke: 100mm
  • Drill-Ø in wood: 40mm
  • Drill-Ø in steel: 13mm
Looks like it is variable speed with a 2 speed gearbox , Low rpm / high rpm

• Powerful 710W motor
  • Easy-to-read LCD screen
  • Aluminium base plate with parallel guide
  • 2-speed gear box
  • Keyless quick-lock chuck
  • Stepless speed adjustment
  • Integrated laser for easy, precise drilling
  • Speed range of 170-880/490-2600 min-1
  • Provides easy reading of the exact drilling depth
  • Integrated LED to light up your work area
  • Quick-action clamp for fast fixing
  • Motor 220-240 V~/50-60 Hz
  • Chuck to base measurement: 280mm (max.)
  • Drill stroke: 100mm
  • Drill-Ø in wood: 40mm
  • Drill-Ø in steel: 13mm
Looks like it is variable speed with a 2 speed gearbox , Low rpm / high rpm

Bought one of these from Aldi last Thursday, it is variable speed. Very impressed with it for £130!
The only thing not to like is the handle especially if you want to use the full 100mm stroke.

I've had one of these for about a year - it was last year's birthday prezzie from SWMBO, and I've been very happy with the performance.

The only downer for me, was that the round wheel handle was awkward compared to a 3-spoker and I tried to make it more acceptable by adding 3 stainless boat wheel spinners from Amazon - these ones https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HMJX39V

I kept looking to try to find a 3-spoke wheel for the drill and always had an issue with spindle diameter. Then someone posted a link to a video of someone fitting a 3-spoke wheel, the video description had a link to the German eBay Local site where you can still buy it from the guy who makes them. I ordered one and it fits perfectly, I've only had it a day or so but it definitely improves the ergonomics - Total cost was ~£30 inc. shipping

The 3-spoker is at https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...osch-pbd-40-tischbohrmasch/1118184276-84-1309
The guy making them speaks (?writes?) excellent English and also has versions available for the Parkside and Scheppach versions

This is my first post but I've been a lurker on here for a while and joined so I could reply to this thread - I've no affiliation with the seller other than as a customer.

Hi, I have just picked up one for £188 from Amazon. Only had it a week but pretty pleased with it. Yes I was concerned with the runout but as it's not Formula 1, I will live with it. As there is an upgrade chuck available.....................

I bought the pd60 scheppach one today in Aldi £99 ... cant justify even spending the £200 for the Bosch one even though it's now on deal, I only need it for forstner bits in timber to get nice vertical holes

I bought the pd60 scheppach one today in Aldi £99 ... cant justify even spending the £200 for the Bosch one even though it's now on deal, I only need it for forstner bits in timber to get nice vertical holes

be interested to know your thoughts on the drill, It Would only be for occasional hobby use

I bought the PBD 40 during the summer as I had a number of holes to drill in 2.5mm angle iron bars. Once set up it was so much easier than trying to do it with a hand held drill, even with good metal bits. I agree that the wheel can be a bit awkward to use but it's good to see there is an alternative. However, it's not been a big problem for me and something I got used to. Maybe if you are drilling deep holes it might be more of a problem. On the whole though, I'm happy with the purchase...even though I didn't get it on sale. If you register with Bosch I think you also get a 3 yr warranty.

I've had one of these for about a year - it was last year's birthday prezzie from SWMBO, and I've been very happy with the performance.

The only downer for me, was that the round wheel handle was awkward compared to a 3-spoker and I tried to make it more acceptable by adding 3 stainless boat wheel spinners from Amazon - these ones https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HMJX39V

I kept looking to try to find a 3-spoke wheel for the drill and always had an issue with spindle diameter. Then someone posted a link to a video of someone fitting a 3-spoke wheel, the video description had a link to the German eBay Local site where you can still buy it from the guy who makes them. I ordered one and it fits perfectly, I've only had it a day or so but it definitely improves the ergonomics - Total cost was ~£30 inc. shipping

The 3-spoker is at Drehkreuz, Hebelkreuz für Bosch PBD 40 Tischbohrmaschine
The guy making them speaks (?writes?) excellent English and also has versions available for the Parkside and Scheppach versions

This is my first post but I've been a lurker on here for a while and joined so I could reply to this thread - I've no affiliation with the seller other than as a customer.
I don't suppose you have contact details for the guy selling the 3-spoke handles?

I can get to the site but they want to send an SMS to verify my phone number and they won't do that for UK telephone numbers. Yay for Brexit!

Thanks,

R.

I don't suppose you have contact details for the guy selling the 3-spoke handles?

I can get to the site but they want to send an SMS to verify my phone number and they won't do that for UK telephone numbers. Yay for Brexit!

Thanks,

R.
Sorry, all of the emails were sent through the eBay local messaging system so I don't have a direct contact number/email for him

One way around your problem might be if you post something on here requesting assistance from a member in Germany (I think there are several), they might be willing to help you register on the eBay local site.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'll try another similar wheel I've found on amazon.de instead.

Thanks again,

R.

Does anyone else have problems with the plastic clamping lever (for height adjustment)?

Mine stripped the internal splines very soon after I got my drill. Bosch sent a replacement, and I haven't used the drill much over the past years, but I managed to strip the internal splines again today.

It seems like a really poor design.

Does anyone else have problems with the plastic clamping lever (for height adjustment)?

Mine stripped the internal splines very soon after I got my drill. Bosch sent a replacement, and I haven't used the drill much over the past years, but I managed to strip the internal splines again today.

It seems like a really poor design.
I have had one gone, but use mine a lot... I got a genuine replacement from eBay Search "Clamping Lever for Bosch PBD 40"

Padster

Latest posts

Back