Bosch Palm Sander - £34.94 this week

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Axminster have the Bosch GSS 140A Palm Sander with £25 off in the latest email club newsletter. I paid £50 for one just over a year ago and I'm delighted with it - thoroughly recommended and at the sale price its a real bargain.
200531_l.jpg

Cheers,
Neil

I bought one of these earlier in the year and the clamp at the front of the sander broke off during only its second day of use! :shock: It is covered by a three-year warranty now so, I can get it repaired at no extra cost... Personally, I don't find the finish good enough for furniture making so, I bought on of their 125mm random orbit sanders instead. :)

OPJ":1et0saj3 said:
I bought one of these earlier in the year and the clamp at the front of the sander broke off during only its second day of use! :shock: It is covered by a three-year warranty now so, I can get it repaired at no extra cost... Personally, I don't find the finish good enough for furniture making so, I bought on of their 125mm random orbit sanders instead. :)
The problem with these little sanders in that the extraction is non existent...little dust ends up in the bag so a lot gets trapped in the paper causing it to make visible scratches.
I've got a similar deWalt and I managed to get a small doohicky adaptor thingie so that I can plug the 'shop vac into it. The extraction from it is so good now that I can quite cheerfully use it on furniture - Rob

Yes, I keep meaning to look for a converter for this to hook up the extractor, but I've been quite impressed at the effectiveness of the dust collector that comes with it.

I should quantify my recommendation by admitting that I have quite a large compliment of sanders :oops: and the 5" and 6" ROS deal with most of my furniture making - the Bosch gets used for getting into corners & for DIY type stuff.

Cheers,
Neil

Good point, Rob. That's the only thing I don't like about Bosch sanders - you get the box full of everything you need, except for the adaptor that allows you to connect it to an extractor!! :x I do like their micro filter boxes and find they work much better than the standard issue cloth or paper bags. But still, yes, proper extraction would be much better. :)

We have some of these in our workshop, and in a professional environment they just don't cut it. The finish is ok but all of them have needed repairing several times for various things and most have died after only a years use. The discounted price makes it less of an issue but personally i'd get a makita.

Back