Bosch multitool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billybuntus

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a Bosch PMF multitool. Mainly because it looks for less dusty than using an angle grinder (and slightly safer).

My first task for it will be to cut out all the grout from our kitchen tiles (terracotta pavers 10-20mm grout) so I can re-grout and seal.

I see the fein multitool (and its price) and I think the bosch tool will be fine for what I need. Does anyone own such a tool and and recommendations?

Thanks

I've got the pmf Bosch saw works great at awkward cutting jobs, no good for tile grout. I found it worked mediocre on wall tile grout (soft grout), took me half a day to grind out shower 4 sqm very unpleasant. Vowed never ever again. :evil:

I have the Bosch multiool and it's very good, I did a shower room recently (re grouted) using the diamond studded attachment Bosch make for the job and it worked a treat.

I have the cordless (GOP) version of the Bosch.

It works very well and has paid for itself in cutting otherwise impossible things, like a 28mm copper pipe in the middle of a run of three (how would you get a normal hacksaw in there?). It did it so well I hardly needed any clean-up to fit a coupler. The batteries didn't have much life initially, but have improved a lot.

I'm finding lots of uses, BUT the blades are terrifyingly expensive. To replace the entire kit that came with it would be around £100. Bear that in mind!

E.

Argos are doing a limited range of the Bosch blades, much cheaper than I could find anywhere else, around 2/3rds of most places. Not available for pickup, they mail them to you in a couple of days.

Cheers, Paul

I have had the bosch multitool for a year or two now and agree it is a very useful tool where access is very limited.
I also agree the bosch blades are ridiculously expensive and generally do not last very long, particularly the wood blades. However I can really recommend the Rutlands Dakota japanese blades for this tool, they cut fast, last much longer and are less than 50% of the price of the bosch blades.
Howie

Re-grouting is a miserable job at the best of times - just a little less miserable with a multitool; 10-20mm grout lines will take sometime to grind out, and bear in mind there's no dust collection on the little Bosch jobbie - DC on the Multimaster is a rudimentary after-thought, but it has some, as opposed to none...

If you do go for the Bosch, this set is pretty good value - almost worth buying for the blades alone. Otherwise I've used the blades from Saxton Trading and have been quite happy - at least with their prices you know you're buying a consumable ;)

Cheers, Pete

Cheers for the Saxton link Pete. It is now on my Bookmarks!!

I have a Fein Multimaster and am really pleased with it. One of the jobs I had was to take the grout out from t he tiles on our kitchen worktop. I have NO idea as to what the hell it is, but just doing a sq meter or so has screwed up 2 Fein tugsten carbide disks! They are the ones that are supposed to be for grout! Now I have seen this site it will be a lot cheaper to replace them. I still have to replace some of the removed grout. Not a job I like :?

For me, you pays yer money and you takes yer choice. I know that I will never have to replace my Fein...

I have the Fein 250q or eq? Excellent tool, I have a pal who has the Bosch blue one and he's pleased with his, I would highly recommend getting decent blades (not the Bosch Draper or any other cheap blades, (they're cheap for a good reason). I have been more than happy with long life blades like WSE from HMF in Amersham

Latest posts

Back