Bosch IXO screwdriver, Pants.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Purchased the above mentioned screwdriver last week, and in my opinion is no better than a toy.

It was very difficult to drive in a number 4 (mm) x 30 mm screw in a pre drill hole into a composit mounting board I use.

A torque accessory would not be needed because to get the above screw in was a very arduous task for the tool.

Maximum screw capacity number 5.

The direction drive is very weak it can fall out of place.

It has a large footprint if the storage container is to be used.

It was not a cheapo either £39.99 without the torque attachment, so cannot say bought cheap and regretted the day.

Picture of tool.

4w-30.jpg

I am going to return the tool to the supplier, it was purchased on the net and I think I have 14 days on such purchases to return and also it is faulty, the direction drive switch is not perfect.

Third person with the Metabo PowerMaxx and it is brilliant. So much torgue that it just keeps on driving and it has a fast recharge time of < 30 minutes.
Newer ones have a useful light attached and you can get them with 2 batteries.

Treat yourself and you won't regret it

David :wink:

devonwoody":2ggrar9m said:
Purchased the above mentioned screwdriver last week, and in my opinion is no better than a toy.

It was very difficult to drive in a number 4 (mm) x 30 mm screw in a pre drill hole into a composit mounting board I use.

A torque accessory would not be needed because to get the above screw in was a very arduous task for the tool.

Maximum screw capacity number 5.

The direction drive is very weak it can fall out of place.

It has a large footprint if the storage container is to be used.

It was not a cheapo either £39.99 without the torque attachment, so cannot say bought cheap and regretted the day.

Picture of tool.

4w-30.jpg

I am going to return the tool to the supplier, it was purchased on the net and I think I have 14 days on such purchases to return and also it is faulty, the direction drive switch is not perfect.

Ah, so this is the £40 screwdriver!

You should have asked in advance of purchase - I could have told you they're rubbish.

I have got the earlier version of this driver and have found it to be ok. It wont drive heavy screws in but handles small ones adequately. MY only gripe I have with mine is that it doesn't always connect with the charger correctly so I had to take it apart and clean up the contacts, it's working fine again now.

The green bosch stuff are toys, sold in argos & the like.

You want the blue bosch gear, I`ve had a couple of the small blue bosch drivers over the years & they`ve been fine

mailee":14zoc2t7 said:
I have got the earlier version of this driver and have found it to be ok. It wont drive heavy screws in but handles small ones adequately. MY only gripe I have with mine is that it doesn't always connect with the charger correctly so I had to take it apart and clean up the contacts, it's working fine again now.

I've got it as well and had for about 3 years. I was so impressed that I bought one each for my son and daughter !

To qualify that, I would add the following : -

They cost me only £20 each on a special deal from Tesco direct. (Not worth £40 though).
They are strictly a DIY tool and used on that basis they can be extremely useful.
I've used mine when assembling kitchens and fitting door hing plates.
I certainly have no problems with battery not lasting

I have a Bosch 7.2volt right angle drill (blue version), for more demanding situations.

Bob

I also have an older-model IXO, and I think it's great for what it is; the battery keeps going longer than my much larger cordless driver (with its proportionally larger battery), it's comfy to use, and while it doesn't have the most torque ever, it does seem to hold position well enough that I can help it along with a twist of the wrist when it gets a bit stuck. It's not the best screwdriver ever, but it's my go-to for anything that doesn't require particular strength.

But again, I didn't pay £40 for it; maybe if I had I'd have expected a bit more from the thing!

Back