Bosch GTS 635-216 - Anyone have any experience?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mojojojo86

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been looking for reviews on the Bosch GTS 635-216.

It will be my first table saw and I'm just doing small bits of woodworking and hobby work at the moment.

Unfortunately I can't find reviews on this anywhere, everything on youtuber is also in german.

Anyone have anything to share about it?

Thanks,
Mojo.

I don't have that model but do have the GTS 10j.

Off the bat 216mm is pretty small capacity, mines 254mm and o wish I had more.

In terms of issues, I suspect the model you're looking at will suffer the same niggles as mine - the non standard size t-track that means you can't use a decent after market mitre gauge and the "square lock fence" that has never knowingly locked square.

The mitre gauge can be overcome with a cross cut sled which I am in the process of building for myself and the fence just needs checking with a combo square and a couple of light tap to square it up each time you move it. You could always build a surround for either saw and fit a decent aftermarket fence to that but that does require space.

If I had the money to spend again I'd buy the DeWalt table saw as it's fence runs on a rack and pinion (this assume you can't fit a full sized table saw)

Hmmm, ok.

From what I can see, the DeWalt looks like the top drawer table saw.

Unfortuantely though its far more than I want to pay right now, especially considering I'm a relative beginner :(

Are there any that you would suggest for a more achieveable price? Everything online seems so conflicting in terms of reviews.

Yeah I've looked at that and it seems really nice.

Unfortunately though its just as expensive as the dewalt etc.

I'm not doing massive stuff, just small bits at the moment. I just want something I can get accurate cuts on so I can joint bits etc.

Joe.

Quick update on this.

Found that removing the small triangular block that runs in a groove on the rear fence rail drastically improves things in terms of fence squareness reliability. You have to tighten down the screw that controls locking force so the front locking paddle does need a pit more pressure to close and lock up but it means the fence is not pulled out of square by the triangle block.

There is still some technique to it as the fence has some slop on the front rail as well but it's easy enough to use 2 hands to adjust the fence. I suspect a couple PTFE shims would remove the slop so that's my next experiment

Any update on this fix for the fence - I have seen that there is a 3d printed part on thingverse to overcome it on another site

Back