Bosch GSR10.8V-LI-2 drill/driver - anyone got one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the little Bosch 10.8V drill/driver?
210711_inset4_xl.jpg

I'd be interested to hear your comments if you have one. I'm in need of a drill following the demise of the Ni-Cd batteries on my 14V Makita and this is one of the options. I have the driver that takes the same batteries which is excellent, but I'm wondering if the drill version is a bit lacking in power for general workshop use. Probably the most demanding use I have is pocket-hole drilling - is it up to this? I guess anyone with the Makita version could probably tell me as well, seeing as they look almost identical.

Thanks in advance,
Neil

Funny you should mention pocket holes... I'm relatively new to pocket hole joinery but I've reverted to using a mains powered drill to get the high speeds that seem to be required for pocket holing.

Mains power drill for pocket holing to get a reliable 2000+ if possible rpm. I cut loads of pocket holes and this is the best way.
Si

Neil,

I have the impact driver which is great the plenty of power for its size, Iwas thinking about trying to get the body of the drill/driver.

As for pocket holes you should allways use a mains powered drill, the cordless stuff is the quickest way to break the drills at £11 each.....Don't ask me how I know.

I have one came with a free impact driver too. I already have the screwdriver and impact driver and the drill is as good as the others. It's an ideal replacement for a 12 volt drill in the little use I've put it to.

Must try and do something with the unused spare impact driver.

I bought one a couple of weeks ago, as my makita 14.4 volt drill driver's batteries are just about zonked.

I bought it on a bosch promotion which I believe is still going, The drill driver plus a free naked ie no batteries or charger impact driver and a free set of twist drills, wood drills and screwdriver bits.

The drill is actually more powerful and has a faster speed than the makita has. Very pleased with the purchase.

Les

Thanks for all the advice. I do occasionally use a corded drill for pocket holes, but find it a bit of a PITA unless I've got loads to do. I guess I'm not doing as much as you guys, though!

Glad to hear that it is as well liked as the driver, and happy to hear that it compares well to the 14.4V Makita, Les :D. Unfortunately the deal with the impact driver seems to have gone, at Axminster at least. DM have the two of them in a systainer case which would be nice, but at £170 its getting a bit pricey.

Rob, the AEG looks nice as a driver, but unless I've read it wrong (entirely possible :lol:) it doesn't have a gearbox which makes it a bit useless for drilling aything other than pilot holes, surely? Max RPM is quoted as 575 which is about half of the Bosch (which itself is a bit lower than I would like)

Thanks,
Neil

That's correct about the AEG. My lad bought one and it does look nice but really it needed a top gear, also the handle is really thick and I've got big hands. Also worth considering Hitachi 10.8v I don't think the drill is out yet but their batteries are 1.5ah and the handle is nice to hold. I'm not a fan of Hitachi generally but I think the driver, which a collegue of mine has, is more comfortable to use than my Bosch.

Thanks for that - I checked out the driver and it looks very nice, but I need something ASAP so I can't afford to wait for the drill version.

Seems like everyone is bringing out these small, low voltage drivers!

Cheers,
Neil

Back