Bosch GOF 2000 CE router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonny boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I've just aquired a Bosch GOF2000CE router and want to ask if anyone has one of these and how good it is. What are it's good and bad points and how they compare to the other more popular half inch routers.
cheers,
jon.

Jon,

I have just searched the forum and your post is the only mention of this router, so I think your the only owner of one on the forum, how about a review?

Thanks for the reply Dave, Just won it on ebay for £50 and it looks nearly new. Let you know what it's like after a play.

jon.

If its Bosch blue, then it will be of an excellent build quality and a pleasure to own - as is my Bosch router - a GMF1400 combo.

Ike

Hello,
Collected the router this morning. First impressions are of a solid and well made router, very smooth running and plunging mechanism. This one's going to be put to use in a table and it has a very useful table mounting adjuster for the raising and lowering of bits. Also has a very unusual quick release system for the fitting of guide bushes. More details to come once mounted in the table and put to use. Don't understand why these aren't more popular, seems a good powerfull machine to me!.
cheers,
jonathan.

If it's being permanently fixed to a table a word of advise. Take the damn springs out! The router moves up much more easily without them and should descend under its own weight.
Makes height adjustments much easier. Trust me. :lol:

Roy.

Hi Jon, Iwas given a Bosch POF500A 2 years ago, it was over 15 years old then, I put it in my router table/ mac table saw, it,s been pushed to the limit, so for my money if youv,e got a bosch router, you will not be disappointed.
Happy xmas to you and yours, Rich.

Digit":2wqbfwag said:
If it's being permanently fixed to a table a word of advise. Take the damn springs out! The router moves up much more easily without them and should descend under its own weight.
Makes height adjustments much easier. Trust me. :lol:

Roy.

That's great advice! Wish I'd thought of it about a year ago!

Sounds like an cheaper solution than to buy a Woodrat Plunge Bar, which work brilliantly well in their own right, I must say.

I've had the gof2000ce (did you mean ce not cf?) for a year or so now
(mostly in a router table) and have had no problems with it
whatsover.

The handles could a bit more sturdy as they feel to flex at the joint
to the motor housing slightly when it's picked up. It was also
supplied with a 12mm collet and not a 12.7mm one which had me
stumped for a short while :X. I have heard mentioned that some have
found it top heavy, however I can't say I've noticed.

Everything considered I'd say you've got yourself a great router that
should handle anything you throw at it.

BTW, there is no need to remove the springs there is a little lockoff
button on the base of the gof2000ce for keeping the springs
compressed when the router is in a table.

there is no need to remove the springs there is a little lockoff
button on the base of the gof2000ce for keeping the springs
compressed when the router is in a table.
Who ever designed that must be a user, good idea. My other hate is those press on-release off switches, a total nuisance when fitted to a table.

Roy.

I do see what is meant by the handles being a little flexible where they're fixed to the body, but it doesn't seem to interfere with the overall stability and manouverability of it. I have looked at some new prices of the router though and it varies between £280 and £300, which could explain why it's not as popular as other half inch routers. After a good inspection of the machine though, this is a better designed router than the Dewalt 625 or the Trend t10 which I use daily at work.
cheers,
jon.

Back