Bosch GMF1600 for router table?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prizen

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking to get the Bosch GMF1600 router having viewed the video review from Matt Estelea but am confused on its use in a router table.

Availability is limited but I have found them in stock on the Sautershop website, but they have a note saying it isn’t suitable for router table due to the Built in restart function?
does this only apply is using an NVR switch?

my plan is to use a trailing socket (with on/off switch) mounted on the leg of the router table.

will this work?

Not sure what that function is but I have the big Triton in a Kreg table and use a switch mounted on the table leg that is easy to access, there is no need for an NVR switch in a domestic setting because you are in control and in the event of power failure you would turn it off anyway. That bosch is an expensive router to stick in a table unless you aim to use it handheld as well and I don't think it is designed for table use as it has removable bases. The Triton is a good beast for the table at around £200 but look further ahead and ask yourself if you may want the precision of the Jessem lift type of mount at some point because then the good option for the table is JessEm Mast-R-Lift II (Metric) with AUKTools 2400W Fixed Base Router and cheaper to just get it rather than go through several stages like many of us have as it then cost more in the run up.

I had this machine mounted in my router table and it was rubbish,the lift kept clogging and eventually the socket head stripped and in the end the machine stopped working after 4 months so sent it back to Bosch who said 14 days to fix under warranty 15 weeks later told me it could not be repaired and refunded me the cost ( It was supplied by Sautershop who I found to be excellent in all my dealings with them,ordering,invoicing,delivery).I now have their routerlift and a Dewalt router instead of the Bosch

I have this router and the base is attached to the table, and I just plug it in when required, using the plunge base otherwise. It works for me but I don't do a huge amount of table routing. It has just failed to start a couple of times, but I thing that's dust getting in to the cable connection. Sautershop may say it's unsuitable for table work as it will power up as soon as you plug it in, so an additional switch should be considered.
I am invested in the Bosch Track system and use it on the track almost as much as not, but I think I'd be dissatisfied if this was just for table use. (Tool change is easy though as it's all done on the bench)
HTH

Back