Bosch gmc 12 glide mitre saw problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

MadMental

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a Bosch glide mitre saw and when on a few minutes as the motor speeds up to full speed I get a loud sound from it its a perfect tone that hurts the ears any one know if its a bearing noise ? I removed the blade to which the sound was gone can the blade make such a sound if it was warped? Motor runs great belt is in good condition as new. Ive ardered a new blade the blade that was on it was a trend craft/pro The blade size is 305 x30 I think its 80 teeth any help would be apreciated
Thanks

Reaction score
Hi
From experience the supplied blade isn't the best until you have it re-sharpened where it becomes a different blade.
Different blades seem to make different noise, my go to blade is a Freud with 100 teeth which I find covers the majority of my cross cut needs
A local sharpener may be able to check for warping or you could try looking yourself using a piece of float glass ideally and see if there is any rocking
Hope this might help

AJB Temple

Finely figured
Reaction score
It should not be taking a few "minutes" as you stated, to reach full speed. Just a two or three seconds (no load). Mine came with a Bosch branded 88 tooth blade which was fine and re-sharpens well. It currently has a Freud on it as my very fine cut Swedex (not cheap but very good) is off for sharpening.

I can't help wondering if you have something interfering with the blade (piece of wood jammed in?). Did you remove the cover guard when you changed the blade and does it lift dead free now?

recipio

Established Member
Reaction score
If the blade is warped you will get very ragged cuts. Is it new or secondhand. ? If the latter and it is taking that long to wind up I would suspect the brushes are worn down and metal may be grinding on the armature. Its not too hard to check as long as you have a good set of screwdriver bits - there can be all sorts of torx/hexagon screws in power tools.

Last edited:

Cordy

Established Member
Reaction score
MadMental
Did you buy the machine new or second/hand ?
Has it always been slow to get to full speed ?

MadMental

Established Member
Reaction score
It should not be taking a few "minutes" as you stated, to reach full speed. Just a two or three seconds (no load). Mine came with a Bosch branded 88 tooth blade which was fine and re-sharpens well. It currently has a Freud on it as my very fine cut Swedex (not cheap but very good) is off for sharpening.

I can't help wondering if you have something interfering with the blade (piece of wood jammed in?). Did you remove the cover guard when you changed the blade and does it lift dead free now?
Yes mate the sound develops low and gets louder and louder till its very painfull to the ears like its gonna blow captain kind of thing

MadMental

Established Member
Reaction score
MadMental
Did you buy the machine new or second/hand ?
Has it always been slow to get to full speed ?
Bought the thing second hand looked new and was very clean when delivered I have bought a new freud blade as they are my favorite blades and will be here tomorow will let you know when it arives and is fitted
Thanks

rafezetter

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
Second hand might be the culprit - did you fire it up before you handed over the cash? could be faulty from manufacturer and the previous owner didn't get around to sorting that out, and just passed it on to an unsuspecting person (I got done that way with an axminster ts200 that has manufacturing issues that should have been sorted out at purchase.)