Bosch glider or kapex 120

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
need a new saw, anyone got the bosch glider I like the shallow depth of it. Anyone used both and have an opinion on which is best.

I am working my way through the same choice. The Bosch is much bigger has a greater depth of cut and capacity all round. It is far more industrial. It has lasers so should be accurate. The only downside I am aware of is it is not good at half lap joints as there is play on the arms. Having had a play there is some movement.
The Kapex is much smaller it has a reasonable capacity and lasers. The Kapex is £170 more. The Kapex also has problems cutting half laps as you need to maintain pressure to keep the head at the same level.
I will probably go with Kapex because of the much smaller foot print and I do not need the additional capacity of the Bosch. I also feel that for accurate work the Kapex will be easier to handle.
If you do carpentry or cut large moulding such as cornice I could easily see the bosch being preferable due to the large capacity

I've had the Bosch about 9 months now, comes with a good quality blade, it's quiet compared to most. I just had to tweek the setup when I got it. the cut quality is very good and the glide action is very smooth, even the preset angles are accurate. I bought mine with the folding wheel stand which is also excellent imho.

I tried the Kapex a couple of times, I found the handle position after a while annoying & uncomfortable and although it's a much lighter machine to move around it didn't work any better than the Bosch.

Hope this helps.

Unusually for me, as most of my power tools are Bosch, I have gone for the Festool for three reasons
1. the footprint is much smaller so overall distance from the wall is less
2. the Bosch seems a bit chunky whereas the Festool is more refined
3. Being a lefty the handle position is better although after 34 years you get used to the fact most machines are designed for right handed people
I think they are both great machines my recommendation is to go to Axi and have a look and a play. If it is not going to be moved and you have the space you get more for your money with the Bosch.

doctor Bob":2preff74 said:
Thanks.

It will be fixed in a workshop so weight is not an issue.

Dependant on how you are setting it up it may still be worth getting the trolly stand for it. Mine is in a fixed position but I 'cannibalised the stand to use the 'attachment arm' with its extending work supports on top of the bench. It works brilliantly and the trolley can still be reassembled if needed.

Back