Bosch GCM s professional Mitre saw adjustment help needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpooley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Not been on here for ages as not been able to do any woodwork for a while.

So I started to do a job yesterday and of course my RAS was well out of adjustment as usual, so spent ages doing that.
But then I wanted to cut some mitres on my Bosch. Now that is usually always spot on but this time it was out a bit on the 90deg and 45deg settings.

Now the only adjustment I know about is the fence? but this was almost at it limit for adjustment- it would need the fixing holes to be reamed a bit to get it spot on but I did manage to get it 'neeeeerly' perfect ! at 90deg
But when i checked the 45deg settings both sides were a good half a degree out!

my question is there some other adjustment that would help - or any advice really where to look for a problem?
of course the 'Manual'! was absolutely useless hardly even mentioning the fence even - just how to adjust the blimmin red pointer lol

thanks

Mike

Mike

I have the GCM 12 GDL and recently had to reset the Mitre angles. It's straightforward - just use an Allen key to loosen the 4 bolts which are accessed via 4 holes in the angle scale then nudge the lever right/left until you have your 90deg. In case it helps the Manual's explanation in Chinglese is at the bottom left of page 44 - 'Aligning the Scale for Mitre Angles (see figure X2)'.

HTH

Mike

Mike.S":20q8vy43 said:
Mike

I have the GCM 12 GDL and recently had to reset the Mitre angles. It's straightforward - just use an Allen key to loosen the 4 bolts which are accessed via 4 holes in the angle scale then nudge the lever right/left until you have your 90deg. In case it helps the Manual's explanation in Chinglese is at the bottom left of page 44 - 'Aligning the Scale for Mitre Angles (see figure X2)'.

HTH

Mike

Thanks
They must be different I think as I can't find any holes in the angle scale at all.
on this one I don't think the scale moves at all. Just the fence.
Which makes me think if you set the fence for 90 it should automatically be OK for the 45's but its not??
weird! I cant remember having this problem before.

Mike

I do't have access to mine at the moment, but I do know that I had to elongate the fence holes a bit to get it fettled. Go easy with the file though, it's only aluminium and it's easy to overdo it. DAMH..etc.
S

cheers Steve - I will have a go at it tomorrow.
what I cant understand is that it's been ok for years ???
and the 90deg is almost perfect - (using a normal set square it is perfect!)
but the 45's are half a deg off?

Mike

Back