Bosch GCM 12 GDL Mitre Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks very impressive Jon. Bit disappointing that they didn't show it very clearly when hooked up to the dust collector, which kind of suggests they havn't made much of an effort with dust collection :(

I was just coming to post the youtube add too.

Looks very impressive and not just the sliding. I like the dust extraction with the spout being where it really needs to be.

I saw this a while back, it's been in the states for a few months roughly selling at around the $900 mark.
I was hoping at the exchange rate it would be around the £600 ish. But alas it's UK price is around the ..................... £900 mark. So we're looking at Festool money.

Whilst we're on the subject of Bosch, the new plunge saw has finally hit the dealers recently. Bosch GKT55CE 240V 1400W professional plunge saw.

Views so far are good, some claiming a better rail system than Mafell & Festool and cheaper too. Although the saw itself doesn't have all the bells & whistles of the high end competition, but that's not were this saw is pitched to be fair.
But it's good to see more competition imho.

The cynical side of me always asks why, in these promotional or instructional videos, they always mute the machine sound and have a nice talk-over and an apparently near silent machine. Couldn't be because of the deafening banshee wailing these things produce, could it? It would be nice to just hear the machine in reality for a few seconds.

RogerP":3u671ydu said:
The cynical side of me always asks why, in these promotional or instructional videos, they always mute the machine sound and have a nice talk-over and an apparently near silent machine. Couldn't be because of the deafening banshee wailing these things produce, could it? It would be nice to just hear the machine in reality for a few seconds.

It they did someone would only say its an amateurish video :lol:

Saw it. at the D&M show, where I was looking for a high-end saw and wanted to compare it to the Kapex. The Bosch had a beautiful smooth action, and a massive cut capacity that was of no interest to me as I'm not framing roofs. Unfortunately it is truely humongous, I mean genuinely massive, and it weighs over 45kg. It's not very noisy, and did I say the action was beautifully smooth..?

However the size was just too much for me so I went for the Kapex. Bosch GCM10S in the for sale section soon.

Also had a look at the rail saw and a chat to a German. It's the Mafell, Bosch are making it under licence, or Mafell are making it for them, one or the other. In any case you're getting the Mafell for cheap. Didn't really care for the rail, it's a bit bulky but with some neat design touches.

Thanks for the replies. It looks like i will have to check one out in the flesh and decide between the bosch and the festool. The size doesnt bother me as it is going to be set into a bench in the workshop. Its available at 800 on the net and you can also bag a free £200 dust extractor in the promotion at the mo so its very tempting to go for the bosch

cheers

Jon

Had a good look at one today & the new plunge saw, they`re certainly Festool price, but I wont be giving up my Kapex or TS55

Latest posts

Back