bosch gas 1200l professional

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
I've been using this to extract the dust from the mitre saw for 6 or more years.
It's been playing up a bit recently, so today I removed it, but didn't have time to take it apart.

It cuts out quite regularly some times for a few seconds sometimes for more. I asked on the forum before and the consensus was brushes.
I can't find any tutorial online.
Plenty for drills etc, none for vacuums :(

Took it apart this morning. Tracked the fault to the motor.
Of course it's sealed up, not meant to be opened, but I opened it anyway.
Brushes are good ,but the attached pic shows a piece has come loose from one brush holder
Does anyone think glueing it back would be strong enough?

Attachments

• IMG_20210921_110504_561.jpg
    IMG_20210921_110504_561.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20210921_110454_841.jpg
    IMG_20210921_110454_841.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20210921_110446_546.jpg
    IMG_20210921_110446_546.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20210921_110437_389.jpg
    IMG_20210921_110437_389.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 33
It was stuck on originally so I can't see a problem sticking it back on with some epoxy.

I thought it was what passes for spot welded nowadays.
It's back together now and working perfectly with just a spot of gorilla glue.
It was all I had. It will do until/if it fails again then I can opt for something stronger.
Built in obsolescence I think.

Reminds me of the crazy prices £9.99 electric frying pan which I repaired when it failed after 13 months.
It was still going 35 years later when it was thrown out.

I wonder why only one brush had the stuck on bit? and what was it for? was it a suppressor of some sort? was it really needed, would the saw work without it?

just found a site that will do a replacement motor for your vac £160 !!

Last edited:
I wonder why only one brush had the stuck on bit? and what was it for? was it a suppressor of some sort? was it really needed, would the saw work without it?

I think there's a part on the other half of the motor which touches this when assembled and completes the circuit to make it go.

First thing I did was put the motor back without it but no dice.

just found a site that will do a replacement motor for your vac £160 !!

Not a bad rate then, it took me about 90 mins to save £160.

" I think there's a part on the other half of the motor which touches this when assembled and completes the circuit to make it go. "
so why doesnt the brush housing on the other side have one as well?

It could be a thermal switch to open the circuit when the motor is too hot. If so, then gluing it to the brush housing is not a good idea since the glue could be an insulator allowing only partial contact between the switch and the brush housing.

It could be a thermal switch to open the circuit when the motor is too hot. If so, then gluing it to the brush housing is not a good idea since the glue could be an insulator allowing only partial contact between the switch and the brush housing.
True but it proved that it was the problem and who knows, may last a while.

Back