Bosch belt sander GBS 75 ae changing drive belt - how?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

Pint of bass, porkpie, and packet of crisps please
Reaction score
It's difficult to force new belt over the flanges it looks like some dismantling should be done but can't see how and don't want to break anything.
How to do it?

Jacob":v9t7g2j8 said:
It's difficult to force new belt over the flanges it looks like some dismantling should be done but can't see how and don't want to break anything.
How to do it?

New belt will be a bit on the stiff side but a bit of force/leverage is needed. Start on the small pulley, lube the big pulley with a little F/Liquid, and slowly lever the belt on whilst rotating it, ensure belt on the small pulley doesn't ride up over the flange.
Warming up the belt with mild heat/boiling water may also help.

Edit- don't test it wrong side down.......

wgtU4k2.jpg

I don't have a Bosch, but it is the same issue on my Makita. I take the drive pulley partly off, and start the whole process higher up (ie half off the shaft). The tiny bit of extra play makes the job a lot easier.

Surely there is a release lever on one side, that you pull and that slackens off one pulley. That is the system that Makita and my old Elu use and the pictures I have seen of the Bosch look much the same.

The toothed drive belt, not the sanding belt

Cracked it - dead easy no force required!
1 Take off belt cover and two small covers from top, one over the switch/handle the other at the other end over the brushes.
2 This reveals four bolts which hold the complete bottom assembly to the top.
3 Separate them and put them back together with a bit of a wiggle to get the belt over the two splined pulleys.

Jacob":36deu5n3 said:
1 Take off belt cover and two small covers from top, one over the switch/handle the other at the other end over the brushes.
3 Separate them and put them back together with a bit of a wiggle to get the belt over the two splined pulleys.

Only took you 4 days..... : )

Will keep this in mind if and when next needed although the method I mentioned takes a few minutes but maybe best to do it the gentle way as you described.

Noel":5l0zyhsd said:
Jacob":5l0zyhsd said:

Only took you 4 days..... : )

Will keep this in mind if and when next needed although the method I mentioned takes a few minutes but maybe best to do it the gentle way as you described.
Nah 10 minutes! Been busy. I tried the force method first but reckon it's impossible. Maybe yours is a slightly different model?

Same model Jacob, bought when the tin box, bench stand and depth attachment was included (2005/6 maybe?)
But as said, will try your method next time.

Back