bosch 500a router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have just got a bosch 500a router and I cannot work out how to attach the guides especially the black plastic curved guide. Can anyone please help. I would like to cut around a worktop and it says to fit the guide with roller to the parallell guide but I must be doing something wrong

Welcome to the forum, newbie.

Well I'd hoped someone would have been able to help you by now, but it seems not. :( I had a look on the Bosch site in hope more than expectation, and never mind finding a PDF of the manual - I couldn't even find that model on the site! :evil: I hope you've already solved the problem, but if not is there any way you can post a pic? The only ones I found online weren't very helpful.

Cheers, Alf

oops, sorry newbie, meant to reply to you yesterday :oops:

I dont have this router, but a picture of it is here:

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=060410050&r=2117&g=115

Hope the link works, but if not go to the machine mart homepage and do a search.

One point to note is that this is a 1/4" router. If you intend to cut a worktop then a 1/2" router would be far better, some would say essential.

Hope that helps,

Steve
-------
Who never thought he would see the day when he out-googled Alf :!:

Hi Newbie,

I have one of these routers, but have never used half of the hardware that came in the box with it :oops:

I have used it to trim edges, ply/mdf back to match the supporting frame work but I have always used a cutter with a guide bearing on the bottom.

I have found this router to be really useful for the small hand held jobs and have even used it free hand to cut my granddaughters name on the chair I made for her, look here: https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/gallery/details.php?image_id=54

hi newbie!
the parallel guide has 2 holes between the arms, these line up with the holes in the roller guide, the roller guide should be fastened to the parallel guide using these holes, the roller should be pointing downward, place the parallel guide into the holding mounts in the router base, set the distance required then set the depth of the roller so that it runs along whatever template you are using. this is assuming that you are routing a workpiece with the template below it.don't use a lot of pressure on the router.
Hope this helps,
pip

me again newbie,
the black semi-circular plastic piece is for routing round a raised lip to cut the outer side, it should be mounted to the baseplate with the baseplate on a flat surface (like a table top), with the cutter sticking out over the edge banding (or raised lip) and brought in to thin the banding piece.
at least that is what I can make out of the instruction book.
sorry for the delay in answering, but the weather makes my workshop unusable,so couldn't get to the instructions.
if I am wrong about this, I hope someone will step in with the corrections,
personal I can't see much need for this piece.
all the best
pip

many thanks for all your help its greatly appreciated.I will ty the methods suggested and let you know how I go on Once again my thanks

Latest posts

Back