Quantcast

Bosch 26-82 planer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Discobob

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know about changes to the Bosch planers. I spent quite a bit of time researching and decided to buy this model from Amazon. It done the job well however I was a bit miffed to find it only had one chamfer groove instead of the 3 shown on YouTube videos. I thought that it must be a difference between US an UK markets however I have just seen one for sale on FB and it has the 3 grooves - it is a 110v model.

Anybody know anything about this - has it happened recently??

Myfordman

AKA 9Fingers
Reaction score
Mine must be 30 years old at least and only has one groove as did it’s B&D predecessor.
How does more than one help?

owen

Established Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure mines got 3 grooves. Bought probably ten years ago now

sunnybob

software developers nemesis
Reaction score
Carefully check the model numbers. A change like that will have to noted in the model. either a dash 1 or A or similar, just so that the dealer knows which parts to order.

Discobob

Established Member
Reaction score
3 grooves for different chamfer sizes/depths. One of the reasons I was attracted to it - been doing doors - for some reason the ones we have got are wider than the existing ones needing a few mm of each side - this leaves quite a sharp corner and was going to use the shallow groove to take this off

owen

Established Member
Reaction score
A hand plane will do this easily. I use a block plane but you could literally use any sharp hand plane