Bosch 12GDL owners - some assistance please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I am building a new mitre station that I want to plan in my future purchase of a 12GDL. Have an older saw at present and want to be sure I can future proof my build.

For anyone who has one, could you tell me what works practically for workbench depth. I know the front of fence needs to be max 20inch from wall to accomadate all possible bevel angles.
If the fence is 20 from the wall, how much more do I need to sit the base on ? I don't mind the adjustment handle poking out beyond the front edge of the bench, but want to ensure that the actual base is comfortable. Thanks, Declan

Might also be worth asking the height of the table from the bottom of the feet if you plan it recess it into the table top....?

Mine is on a mobile base as well but, sighting down from above, it appears that you require 7.5"/18cm from the front of the fence to the edge of the front feet/metal pads (the feet have holes that you can put a screw through to keep it in place). The curve of the table comes out further but that doesn't need to be supported.

Back