Bosch 10XC pro replacement blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeyJay

Established Member
Reaction score
Just looking to order a replacement blade for my Bosch saw but I’ve been told by my dealer that the replacement blade will not be suitable. Bosch have said that they can’t advise.
The stock blade has the following spec:
255mm
30m hole diameter
2.6mm cutting width

Intended replacement blade (Freud):
250mm
30mm hole diameter
2.8mm cutting width

I can’t understand why this blade would not work on my saw!
Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Possibly riving knife thickness, or gap between the knife and the blade.

What model number of Freud is it? Could it be designed for mitre saws?

Does the dealer know what they are on about or are they just noting that the size is different? Bosch won't be interested because there is no benefit for them. As far as they are concerned a Bosch blade is the best option.

other than riving knife thickness, I can't see an issue with it. maybe somebody else will

As far as I can see, if the riving knife works with a blade thats got a cutting thickness of 2.6mm, how can it not be right for a cutting thickness of 2.8?!
Could it be anything to do with the height of the riving knife - the smaller diameter of the replacement blade may well mean that the riving knife's height may need to be taken down a little but other than that, I cant see why the blade wouldn't fit and work!

OK, got fed up of waiting for a definitive answer and spoke to the guys at Screwfix and explained the problem. They said it would work just fine and if it didn't, I could just return the blade for a refund. Couldn't get fairer than that, to be honest so I gave it a shot and the blade works flawlessly.
Far, far finer cut than the stock blade, no tearout anywhere and razor sharp angles!
For anyone who's interested, it's a Freud LP30M, 40 tooth blade. It seemed to be just as happy ripping or crosscutting.

Sorry, I missed this thread originally!

HomeyJay":t8vlk03i said:
Bosch have said that they can’t advise.

That's basically just buttocks-covering, they would never in any circumstances say "Yes that blade will work fine" because if you went and had a serious kickback that injured you, you, in theory, could go back and try and sue them for their bad advice although it probably wouldn't work :lol:.

Sounds like you picked up a good Freud blade anyway, a good, middle of the road combination blade. If you're doing a bit of both ripping and crosscutting it's ideal, but don't expect it to work wonders doing heavier ripping jobs as it's a little bit fine for that kind of work. If you're looking at doing more ripping in the future I would say it's worth investing in a good ripping blade, I can wholly recommend CMT blades as they're super high quality at a fair price, here's one for ripping in the sizes you specified: https://www.scosarg.com/cmt-290-rip-sawblade-d-250-b-2-8-d-30-z-24

Back