BORED!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Commiserations.

I am not only bored but frustrated.

I AM at home, my workshop beckons, but I have got the flu! :x

Howard

At work still marking bloody exams!! The sun's not shining and I would rather be planing :cry:

Still, I spent 5 hours in there yesterday :lol:

What is there to look at on the web then? (other than here of course)

What do you "smurf" when you are bored in the office?

Check out this link from a Dutch Insurance company. Its all the ads they have made over the years for insurance.

Each ad ends with even apeldorn bellen. It means call the insurance (Centraal Beheer)assessor basically. Bloody good though.

Just click on each of the links on the left for a new clip.

http://www.centraalbeheer.nl/cbi/cb/cor ... rcial=egel

Duiker":kg6j1pyu said:
Check out this link from a Dutch Insurance company.
Yep, I would say that's the actions of someone very bored indeed...

Could be worse, you could have been in the workshop all day setting and sharpening four (count 'em) back saws. I've got ppi's before the eyes. :shock:

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Try bored.com. :wink:

Hello Mick

Be very careful when you say that you are bored. :D

A couple of years ago, I had been telling my wife that I was bored. This went on for about a week. Then one day I went with her to take her dad to the doctor office. When we got back home we had quite a surprise. Lighting had hit our home. Garage door didn't come up so we came in thru the front door. There were things blown off the walls and broken. Electrical switches and plugin blown out. 90% of wireing in house burnt up. About the only thing that didn't blow up was the frig. (seems like everything has a curcuit board in these days.)

It could have been a lot worse. House could have flamed.
Too shorten the story, I spent the next 3 months working with the insurance people and finding replacements.
To this day, I am afraid to say that I am bored. :D

Have to say that I got to meet a lot of nice people.
Carpenters, roofers, cable men, electricans, telephone man, Heating and Cooling people. Carpent people, wallpaper folks, and painter plus all the nice sales folks at the various retail outlets.

Have a nice day
Travis

I may be sitting doing nuthing, but I ain't bored!!!!!!!

spent the whole day in the shop working on the tool cabinet.. weather was... ummm... I didn't notice... cept it was cold...

Bored??... naaa... waitin for glue to dry = thinkin time......

I've been at work for almost 10 mins now and I can echo Duiker comments, I also hope that the house will not get struck by lightening, but maybe the office could a bit 8)

Bean

OK, Its a new day and I have some things to do. Perhaps I can get through today without it feeling like a month :lol:
Thanks for the ideas though, keep em coming!

Lightning strikes! Thats the beuty of living in Europe, we dont really get too many.

laters!!

Not only bored but going out of my mind

I hate novell products, I have been beating my head against a brick wall all day with this server, it has one more chance then im going to take a mallet it to it, sod the client

Signal

Count yourself lucky. My workshop is 20 secs away at the end of the hall. I'm self employed and not a single sale today and therefore not a penny earned. I'll not mention sick pay, holiday pay etc................

Noel, but mostly happy...

Snap noely, though at least im not hard selling, though it might be better than installing Novell soloutions :lol:

Signal

Hard selling, no way, drive you mad doing something like that. Lucky enough to have my own business (cars) but you can go a whole week or so and not a penny earned and overheads costs are not even being met.
But tomorrow is a new day and hopefully a new deal.

Noel

Opps, hope you didnt think I was having a dig, we all have to sell when in businness you cars, me my time.

As you say tommorow is another day, thakfully

Good luck

Noely

Nah, no worries Signal. I've just been anti-forced labour since I left school. If I had my way one or two days a week would be nice or even a couple hours a day would be good. Plenty of time for WW, golf and everything else (oh, and me loft conversion). Somehow I have my doubts that that ever happen.
May the farce be with you...

Noel

I don't get it? Where is everyone? I have a thousand things to finish and everyone else involved in the various projects are out or unavailable! I cant do anything else and I'm sitting here this morning with pipper all to do and I just got in :roll:
Another bloody day of nothing to do other than fiddling. Perhaps I can sneak out without anyone noticing I'm gone?

Duiker.

I agree with Chris, change jobs! I was in a similar situation and there is simply no point coming home bored. In the end I switched job - and what an improvement. Yesterday, I didn't notice it was past home time - I was so engrossed in my work. When you get home, you feel like you've really achieved something with your day. Unlike my last job where I watched the minutes tick by.

everyone else involved in the various projects are out or unavailable! I cant do anything els

I moved to a smaller company and it's great - I'm completely resonsible for my own work, and have the authority to make decisions and get on with things, without having to wait for other people to agree (my) decisions.

Adam

Good point Adam, if only it were that easy. As an ex-pat living in Holland its often difficult to compete in the job market. I can speak Dutch but am still at a disadvantage if other cndidates are native speakers with similar qualifications etc.

Never mind, I'll find something eventually and leave this boring hell hole behind! Perhaps my application for the position of Urma Thurman's bycicle seat will be successful? :lol:

Back