bootfair goodies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adidat

I will not buy anymore tools...
Reaction score
so this is a fortnights worth of car booty, this last sunday it was pissing it down but i went on regardless and got abit wet but got some nice bits. later that day the sun come out and it was bloody hot!

firstly a lovely sorby london pattern boxwood handle sadly abit short
P1010160.jpg

P1010161.jpg

some other chisels there both abit naff but i just love boxwood and for 30p i thought it was worth it. i believe the stone is slate looks unused to me? :duno:
P1010170.jpg

something to sharpen my chisels :lol: contemplated buying this all summer, each week his price would change so i finally got him down to a quid and bought it. gave it abit of a clean up and looked inside and the gear work is amazing instead of just being a plane old gear there is elegant spokes, lovely what stone should i replace it with just for general knife sharpening?
P1010163.jpg

this great long sanding thingy with loads of brand new sand paper it can also be hooked up to the extraction
P1010165.jpg

some lovely bits of leather useful for all sorts of things, 1 piece now resides with jim
P1010167.jpg

P1010169.jpg

a slide rule (thanks BB)
P1010162.jpg

to big burls not quite sure what wood they are but there from California i believe. thought they could be turned or sliced up.
P1010159.jpg

some useful bits, dowels, biscuits, millers dowels, tack's, nails, screws
P1010171.jpg

P1010173.jpg

any ideas?
P1010172.jpg

10p a piece couldn't resist
P1010164.jpg

enjoy

adidat

Hi, adidat

Graining combs for doing fake wood grain effects.

Pete

Adiat,

do you use the miller dowels. I found them to be good, but they dont seem to have a wide following.

Mark

Racers":2og3q7oa said:
Hi, adidat

Graining combs for doing fake wood grain effects.

Pete

i see thanks!, thought they might have something to do with plastering.

marcros":2og3q7oa said:
Adiat,

do you use the miller dowels. I found them to be good, but they dont seem to have a wide following.

Mark

i dont own the drill bit and they worked out about 20p so they can go on ebay.

adidat

adidat":zfwxxmtl said:
so this is a fortnights worth of car booty, this last sunday it was pissing it down but i went on regardless and got abit wet but got some nice bits. later that day the sun come out and it was bloody hot!

a scale rule
P1010162.jpg

Ahem. "Slide rule".

BugBear

The octagon pattern handles are my favourites...along with the straight octagons on older chisels. That handle will find a new steel friend one day when you can marry them up.

I did just that with the Matheison gouge I found with no handle...it's far happier now!

I simply lurve those burrs Chris...what have you planned for them? I can't gauge how big they are...so can't suggest a use yet...

Jim

Latest posts

Back