Boot Time again!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahking51

Established Member
Reaction score
Today was a bit odd as I had SWMBO with me to do a boot sale ourselves and divest ourselves of a lot of old rubbish... Err, I mean wonderful items!
This meant that my usual scurrying about was somewhat curtailed, however got the following:
CBShaves.jpg

Two shaves, one a Preston Curved sole and the other I'm not sure. The iron is very faintly stamped something like:

SEY****MTH & Sons and Made in USA

Any ideas anyone?

The other I have not seen before but I think qualifies as a plane, a Record 135 used I think for plasterboard or somesuch.
Total outlay as the boss was about , £6
Edited to add pictures:
Record13502.jpg

Record13501.jpg

Regards
martin

Tsk, Martin, if you keep picking up all these tools you've really got to get in the way of searching the Old Tools Archive as your first step. "Seymour Smith" stuck in the search gets plenty of relevant hits.

Cheers, Alf

mahking51":345nmgqb said:
thanks Alf, I am slowly building a list of all the links you suggest,

C*****T* should have all that information to hand. :D :D

Why are they never there when I go to the boot sale :cry: :cry: :cry:

mahking51":1umvcdfb said:
thanks Alf, I am slowly building a list of all the links you suggest, I apologise for being a pain :(
Hey, send me that #55 and we'll say no more about it... :wink: :lol:

Martin,

You must live in a very upmarket part of the country. Boot sales round here only have stuff that I would feel embarassed to be seen taking to the dump!

Chris,
stuff that I would feel embarassed to be seen taking to the dump!
I may be able to find a few old tools here and there but what you can do with them makes the quote above apply to what I make in comparison!

One day I aspire to be able to turn out the kind of quality that seems to be the norm in your projects.

Frank
Waka gets up early enough, it just takes him an hour to squeeze past all the tools in his shop so he can get out to the car! Longer if he can't find the sungalsses to reduce the glare from all the LN's. :lol: :lol:

Regards
Martin

Waka":3kghfj7z said:
mahking51":3kghfj7z said:
thanks Alf, I am slowly building a list of all the links you suggest,

C*****T* should have all that information to hand. :D :D

Why are they never there when I go to the boot sale :cry: :cry: :cry:

Gee, I hate to be picky, but shouldn't "C*****T*" be spelled "C*****t**s"??? :roll: :roll: :lol:

Cheers -

Rob

Rob
You must bear in mind that Waka generally only has to spell words that contain the three consonants L,V & N in various combinations!
Regards
Martin
(who has never yet found an LV anything in a boot sale....)

Rob Lee":16j4t0nt said:
Gee, I hate to be picky, but shouldn't "C*****T*" be spelled "C*****t**s"???

OK OK can't you guys even accept a typo, I'm under a lot of pressure here waiting for my LV order :-k

Martin":16j4t0nt said:
Waka gets up early enough, it just takes him an hour to squeeze past all the tools in his shop so he can get out to the car! Longer if he can't find the sungalsses to reduce the glare from all the LN's.

Martin, I thought we had an agreement that we wouldn't mention things like L NNNNNNNNNNNNNN or L VVVVVVVVVVVV, compared with most, my couple are insignificant :^o

Latest posts

Back