Boot sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racers

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I went this morning dragged the wife along, found a Moulson Brothers saw 1825-1893 so possibly 190 years old a Brown and Sharp trammel 3/4" and 1/4" pairing chisels £8.50 the lot.

IMG_20190714_110834_01.jpg

IMG_20190714_110845_01.jpg

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_20190714_110834_01.jpg
    IMG_20190714_110834_01.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 596
  • IMG_20190714_110845_01.jpg
    IMG_20190714_110845_01.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 569
Very nice, Pete.
I used to have a very nice brass trammel that was my Granddad's. I didn't use it very often, but when I did need it, it was superb.

Congrats Pete, good smaller haul but quality stuff.

Not that the chisels are anything to sneeze at but that saw! Fab find and in amazing condition for its age.

That saw will go with my Spear and Jackson incremental rip and Diston thumb hole rip :shock:

Pete

That's a handsome saw Pete. Funny enough I was looking ( a little bit looking if you know what I mean) at getting a 3/4" paring chisel the other day on ebay. Prices are eyewatering. Regular at £25. No thanks. Saw one go under the radar for one bid at about a fiver but it was 4 quid postage! Nice one though, box handle like your 1/4". Someone was happy. Not as happy as you mind! Good work for a short walk and an early up. :D

Bm101":1rspbssc said:
That's a handsome saw Pete. Funny enough I was looking ( a little bit looking if you know what I mean) at getting a 3/4" paring chisel the other day on ebay. Prices are eyewatering. Regular at £25. No thanks. Saw one go under the radar for one bid at about a fiver but it was 4 quid postage! Nice one though, box handle like your 1/4". Someone was happy. Not as happy as you mind! Good work for a short walk and an early up. :D

The 3/4" has some bad pits on the back I spent a couple of hours trying to get it flat, its not bad but still needs some work and the handle is cracked, the 1/4" only needed a bit of work to get it flat and sharp.

Make me an offer if you want them both, I only paid a fiver for them both.

Pete

Thanks Pete, but I wouldn't know what to offer for your time and effort getting them up to scratch really on top of the actual chisel prices. And tbh I don't need one. I just wanted one which is Not The Same Thing At All. :D
Your offer is much appreciated though and very kind.
Thankyou though.
Chris

No problem, I would have accepted a tenner, it was a valuable lesson not to buy pitted chisels, so I gained something from it!

Pete

Latest posts

Back