Boot sale 19/2/2012 Sunday

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woodbloke":1dh3rfoi said:
The only time they come out is when I go to hang them on the rack and the slidy shoe thingie falls off the bar onto the 'shop floor...

The older Record sash cramps used to be supplied with a small bolt and nut in the last hole which stopped the slidy shoe thingie sliding off......

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Paul Chapman":286mpk7k said:
woodbloke":286mpk7k said:
The only time they come out is when I go to hang them on the rack and the slidy shoe thingie falls off the bar onto the 'shop floor...

The older Record sash cramps used to be supplied with a small bolt and nut in the last hole which stopped the slidy shoe thingie sliding off......

Paul
Yebut I've taken that off Paul 'cos it extends the length of the bar by another 50mm - Rob

woodbloke":2qdn2r6z said:
Paul Chapman":2qdn2r6z said:
woodbloke":2qdn2r6z said:

Paul
Yebut I've taken that off Paul 'cos it extends the length of the bar by another 50mm - Rob

Which explains why you have bruised toes :lol:

Paul

Given that we all do a dry run before a glue-up (Don't we [-X ), it makes no sense not to use the nut'n'bolt. That way you are absolutely certain that the pin is in the right place, and it hasn't been knocked out and been hastily put in the wrong hole. A mistake that could cause a lot of cursing at the wrong moment.

On the other hand, if I can find the pins I took off my clamp heads, then yes, they're essential and I'll sell them to anyone for a quid a time (plus postage). :D

I don't have any sash clamps :cry: but I do have both Record and Marples (blue) cramp heads, and they have holes drilled through the end of the pins for, I presume, R clips (or bent nails, or whatever) to stop the pins falling out.

More recently I've acquired 2 pairs of earlier Marples (green) cramp heads and they don't have the holes in the pins #-o .

Go figure...

Also got some very recent Record clamp heads with nut and bolt in lieu of pins. :|

Cheers, Vann.

Back