Quantcast

Boot Fair Haul, definitely had longer arms afterwards!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

adidat

I will not buy anymore tools...
Reaction score
Bit concerned by posting this, a load of members will be coming down from manchester to snaffle all the bargains and apparently there is only junk and stolen tools at boot sales these days!! :lol: :lol:

But an enjoyable morning had on Sunday and some real bargains to be had!

Starting off with three Marples gouges in great condition!

A selection of doer-upper chisels one of the days i will go through the 150+ collection and make up some really nice sets....

A selection of bits including a small knipex pair of grips a starrett calliper some quirky vices and a spokeshave

An immaculate record no.0 vice for 2 quid, how could i say no!!

a really nice brass backed disston DT saw and a tyzack steel. some quick searching shows the the disston to be rather valuable!

A five foot long timber and metal persuader, the wood will probably need replacing at some point due to wood worm. but its got a hell of force behind it!!

A very cute, but very heavy denbeigh No.2 fly press, complete with iron ball, looks tiny along side my denbeigh number 5, Luckily seller had a mate to help me lug it across the field! and a linisher to be paired with a motor of some description

a grease gun with some grease my good forum chum, across the border!

Thats all for now folks!

Adidat

Just4Fun

Established Member
Reaction score
adidat":315kwakm said:
a really nice brass backed disston DT
I am jealous. For years I have been checking flea markets hoping to find a DT saw. They just don't appear here. Neither good quality nor bad, good condition or bad, just nothing. I always cut dovetails using a tenon saw and would really like a dedicated tool - I may even be forced to buy a new one.

TFrench

Established Member
Reaction score
What a haul! The linisher looks like my RJH bandfacer.

Inspector

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck!
Reaction score
Good haul. Nothing like that around here.

Can I ask you resize your future picture a little smaller. It took a couple minutes to download and I almost gave up waiting. Not being in a metropolitan area I have dreadfully slow internet at times.

Thanks
Pete

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
Some hard to find stuff there!

In this picture,

I can confirm that the upper clamp thing on the rhs belongs to a hand cranked grinder and will attach it to a thin bench top (it exactly matches my one) but the superficially similar thing below it is a mitre clamp, for picture framing and similar.

El Barto

founding father
Reaction score
Brilliant. Those massive pry bars are amazing. I used one very similar recently - about 20 of them had come off a ship and were being sold for a fiver each so the chap who owned it bought a few.

adidat

I will not buy anymore tools...
Reaction score
There called Burke bars I belive, engraved on the side is RB AND S 1952

adidat

ED65

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats adidat, that's an envy-enducing haul and no mistake.

A Record no. 0 for £2 :shock: Jammy sod!!