Books on finishing?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I came across a reference to a book on finishing a while back and am darned if I can find it again. Anyone know? I thought it might have been on the Chstnut Products site, but it's not there (if it was).
Thanks.

It wasn't on our site, sorry. I was just thinking our site hasn't been updated for a while...
Maybe tomorrow...

I can personally recommend a great book called The New Wood Finishing Book - Michael Dresdner. Full of techniques, tips and humorous little stories on the subject of finishing as well as questions from the public and answers by the experts. Full colour photos and easy to follow guides for almost all finishing techniques. Axminster sell it for £16.95 Order No. 359031 but you might get it cheaper through AmazonUK.

"Understanding Wood Finishing" by Bob Flexner?
This is an excellent book - dispelled a lot of preconceived ideas I had.
It has been mentioned here on this site before.
Cheers
Gidon

Hi All

This is an excellent book and I think you could find it of interest.

Adventures in wood Finishing by George Frank.
printed by the taunton press inc. usa.

lots of very unusual tricks and dodges.

Norman

Complete Woodfinishing - Hosker excellent book on general tecniques
if your looking for French Polishing try Barstow and Waterhouse book and video of same name.

Just so you all know, I finally bought Taunton's complete illustrated guide. Two reasons - it came highly recommended, and Amazon had one for sale for £12 new !!

Latest posts

Back